Carbon Filtering

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by GriZZ1y, Nov 6, 2014.

1. So, I'm going to start a one plant grow and I need some kind of odor control for an extremely small space. Most noobs would use a pc fan and i thought about it but are there any similar setups like a pc fan but with a different fan? I really want to try and stay away from pc fans for my grow so pleaseee give me some suggestions...

2. I know you said you wanted to stay away from PC fans but here's mine anyway. I have a gutted PC power supply made into a carbon filter. 3 fans powered by a modded PC power supply mounted on top the PC.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415276511.000269.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415276542.083796.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Check out my pc grow in my signature, I have a carbon filter that works 110% perfectly

So many cables and wires ...

4. I highly appreciate that man!! That looks pretty good! Have you used this setup yet??

And I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I don't have much of a choice but to use pc fans.

5. Yea I'm running my setup now it works great!

6. What strain do you have growing and how far along are the plants?

7. I'm at day 20 from sprout.. 3 32w cfl.. I have in the soil green crack and have a few more beans I'm saving for my dresser grow. Her she is today all tied down. I just turned her around today to get different angles of light..the ones with the ruler in the pic are from yesterday. And the 2nd to last pic is my complete setup with my ac unit, I still need to cut some holes in my PC so I can close the door with the ac on.. The power supply that powers all my fans may have a lot of wire but I can run as many fans as I want at 5v, 7v, or 12v without any problems and it has a on/off switch. And you can't even see any wires after it's all setup in place . The last pic is after a couple days but you can see my carbon filter is mounted right where the factory power supply mounts, I just gutted it out added a couple more fans to it and stuffed with carbon sheets cut to size..

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415378913.009058.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415378929.225205.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415378939.208659.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415379017.675249.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1415379131.925508.jpg