Carbon filter.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Drewchiesel, May 24, 2016.

1. Hi there. Hoping someone can help. My grow closet is 20.5x 4ft. I just ordered a 4" fan and carbon filter with speed control. Wondering if I should push or pull. Entire fan and filter inside the grow space or should I have the fan and filter outside of the space or maybe some other combo? I don't have a ton of space. What will work best? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am building the space now. Thanks.

2. Always pull. Filter should be in your room with the fan outside.

3. I wanted to use this combo to scrub the air. Will that work with the fan outside and the filter inside? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yes. Usually you put the filter at the opposite side of the intake and at the top. Run the tubing outside of the room to the fan. There should be a pretty filter that goes around the filter. The air should go through that first.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have a sealed room and just set my fan on top of my filter and let it scrub the air inside. Is your room going to be sealed or vented?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. I can seal it or vent it. Wondering whats best for air scrubbing setting up filter and fan.

7. If you seal it just set it out if the way and let it go. Has been working amazing for me for about a year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So if I seal it I would be pushing the air instead of pulling right? Or does it matter?

9. Pull. Set it where it pulls through the filter then out the fan on top.
    But if sealed you have to cool the room, Co2 dehumidifier. All that

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1