Carbon filter space limitations

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by MikeyMike87, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Okay I have a 1000w hood and ballast in a 4x4 grow tent. I wish to have filter in tent from intake blower outside of tent. Can i just use some flex duct and hang it on the upper end of tent?

Attached Files:

2. The best place to put the carbon filter is the top of the tent because the intake screens and ports are at the bottom, circulates the air from sucking in the bottom intakes up to the top where the filter is. Helps prevent stagnant air in the tent... I have mine set up- filter>flexible ducting ( enough slack to be able to lower the hood to what you may need ) >reflector> flexible ducting> outside the tent... extraction fan> more ducting > outside my house through a dryer port. The arrows point the way the extraction fan is flowing.. better to suck than blow with extractors....

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. So if I understand your post correctly ill basically have two intakes. One on bottom. One on top where the carbon filter will be. Air sucks thru intake on bottom tent into hood , as well as the carbon filter inlet on top. All this air is pulled thru the hood/ballast out of tent to blower and exited house through chimney. Thats what I got out of your post. Thanks for input. Let me know if I understood you correctly

4. No fan at the bottom, I just meant the screen and ports will let air in... you can by all means put in a small intake fan if you want but I didn't go that far.. I have nothing connected to the bottom of the tent just at the top I have filter>duct>hood>duct>extractor fan> duct > outside. . I only meant the suction the extractor will make will help intake air from the bottom ports.

5. It definately would help if you wanted to invest in a small intake fan for the bottom of the tent to suck as much fresh air in as possible but I haven't done that

6. By intake I meant just that. Not a actual fan/motor. So just a opening for intake. I should just draw a picture and post it. Excuse my horrible drawing

Attached Files:

7. Or can u attach carbon filter directly to ballast

8. Ok Ive been looking at actual photos of the set up your explaining. Sorry for the noob questions.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. That last picture is exactly how I have mine set up.

10. Im just a little concerned about how big the hood/bulb assembly is to the walls of the tent. I only have like 4 inchs of space. I guess only way to really find out is to take action haha.

11. Yea, you did get a big reflector but you'll probably be fine hanging the filter at the top of the tent and you can only raise the reflector up to the bottom of the filter... you will lose a good 10 inches of height for your reflector, do you plan on training the plants or growing au natural? If you're training you don't have to worry about height so that 10 inches won't matter at all

12. Looks like ill have to train now. But thats not a biggie. Thanks a bunch for the feedback bro. Feels good to get back into growing

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mikey,
    how many 8" ports are in the top of that tent? just the 2 at each end of the light?

if you have another (3rd) port, u could....
    put filter at top, duct it through the 3rd port, around to the side port into the light, out the other side and on the fan..???

14. Any chance you can get a smaller hood in there? Honestly dont see how you could hook up any ducting to that hood without damn near collapsing it with the extreme bends needed to connect it to the hood. Remember you'll lose airflow with every bend. Hope you find a solution though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15. The hood was basically given to me by a friend. so I would like to use this to save money. ill try by any means to get it to work. ill keep you guys updated

@ slow old guy I do have vents on the topside of tent. I do like your idea but I do wish to exshast out of hood to outside of tent