Carbon Filter Restricted

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Blue Zippo, Aug 17, 2017.

1. See it right there. Op says he pulls air, you replied you read that can be the problem. Whatever you read was wrong as that's how the filters are designed to be run. Don't believe everything you read especially when it's obviously wrong. Not a big deal homie

2. Same issue in winter... I had a small cool mist humidifier to bump things up a bit in the closet but I doubt I'll do that in the tent... like you said they still grow fine in low humidity... hell also even though many disagree and say I'm bound to have mold I flower in 60-70% on average in summer with no problems... I just make sure I have adequate ventilation and airflow in the canopy. I personally don't have the money for a dehumidifier nor do I really want to run one... I already struggle with temps and use a window unit to combat that so the dehumidifier would just be fighting against it...

3. My 1 grow is in an outside gardening shed. Its extremely influenced by the outside weather. When humidity is high, keep air moving, when low let them drink more. I used to fight it until I wanted to pull my hair out....not anymore

The grow inside my house isn't so influenced

4. Yeah I don't even try to fight it myself it's just more trouble than it's worth lol... someone had the nerve to tell me that I will have mold problems come drying/curing and that even though I can see it on the outside that the inside of my buds are riddled with it lmao... I didn't realize how many people are sneaking over to my grow room at night and examining my buds haha... I on the other hand have examined my buds... I harvested a plant a few weeks back that was grown in the same conditions and she turned out great after drying/curing.. I can't see any mold nor did I see any when examining trics under a 60-100x loupe. Now maybe if I was growing buds the size of my arm that weighed in at an ounce but my little 1-3 gram buds aren't having that issue imo...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've grown some pretty big buds without issue. My scrog grow for instance I have fans above and below the net. With a solid canopy like a scrog if mold was going to happen, then that's the place.....plenty airflow= no issue. I live in the Midwest where humidity in the summer is well above 90%. My outdoor plants and the ones in my gardening shed would be screwed by what others say. Its the lack of airflow in high humidity that causes issues

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the comments guys. I'm gonna try it without the humidifier and maybe even take the towel out too.

7. Oops, I replied to the wrong comment. I WAS talking about humidity. (please don't tell me what I meant; I know what I meant) Sorry for the confusion.

8. I didn't tell you what you meant.....you posted it bro. I just went by what you posted. Not my problem you made a mistake.

9. Geeezus, let it go

10. I'm good bro. Like I said I can't help you quoted the wrong post. Not problem homie. If it bothers you, that's not my problem either.

11. I took the original filter and blew it out with compressed air and to my surprise a lot of dust came out of it. I put it on the fan and now it's flowing like it did when it was new! I'm not sure if the humidifier had anything to do with it or not. I blew the replacement filter out as well and it's flowing better now too. Maybe I just have a lot more dust in the air than I thought. Either way, my filters are flowing better now and that's gonna help keep my temps under control and not work my fan nearly as hard. Hopefully I don't have to blow them out all the time but if I do, I've got 2 filters now so I can rotate them.