Carbon Filter Recommendations

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sucrose OG, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Looking for some good carbon filters for a 2x4x5 tent. Want something quiet and lomg lasting. What brands should I look for?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. I would grab any of the 4" inline exhaust fans with a built-in speed controller and whatever carbon scrubber is suggested with it

• Like Like x 1
  3. I only ever go with Can or Phresh filters.
    You really do get what you pay for.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I'm using the 4 inch vivisun inline fan and carbon filter with a 4 x2x5 although I highly recommended you get a taller tent if this is going to be your main grow tent

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I think im comfortable utilizing this space. Im om my first grow and will be flowering soon and it looks like a good space for my height

6. You can pull plenty of bud from a 2x4x5 for personal use. I grow more then that now but have grown in that space before. I still utilize my 2x4s. I highly recommend a scrog, 2 lights do to the shape of the tent or side lighting, short pots. This is a single plant in a 2×4×5. Sometimes I do 2 plants. I've also done sog grows in a 2x4 with multiple small plants and small containers along with some lst.

I have a 435 cfm fan, speed controller and 550 cfm phresh brand filter in 1 of my 2x4s and it's a sweet setup. I highly recommend phresh brand. I don't even shop around anymore. They never fail me. My neighbor is a cop and unknowingly gives his approval Every time he comes by for a beer. .... Something along those lines will work great. Having a larger fan/filter combo on a speed controller does 2 things. It gives extra control in case of any heat or humidity issues. Also a larger fan ran at a reduced speed is generally quiter then a small fan ran at full blast. They all make noise though. A duct silencer rather homemade or bought an helps alot. The tents I have in my bedroom actually have the fan in the attic, I can't hear anything. Also hang the fan from a bungee cord or something similar. That will reduce noise from vibration

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thats actually what I plan on doing. Thanks so much for the advice

8. What exhaust fan are you running. Are you using a speed controller that comes on the fan or an external

9. Definitely use a short pot because I only have three foot for growing so I'm prob going to have to lst best of luck though keep us updated on your grow

10. I get about 18 months out of my phresh filter and it runs 24/7

11. Are you topping your plants

12. I have a. Few different fans. I have a can fan I really like. I've also used a few other brands. I recently picked up a hurricane fan which are fairly cheap after the bearings went out of an old fan. It was the only thing my local grow shop had in the cfm I wanted. I'm pretty impressed with it. I would buy another

• Like Like x 1