Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Carbon filter or A/C

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by mhughes, Nov 27, 2008.

1. #1 mhughes, Nov 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2008
    Hey Id like to add either a carbon filter or an a/c to my bong to help keep it clean and extra filtration is a plus too.
    My bong came with a crappy lil ashcatcher but it added way too much drag, so i traded it for a reg bowl. Now i realize how much that thing helped keep my baby clean

Right now im leanin towards the carbon filter, i think it probably filters just as much or more than the A/C, smaller, cheaper, probably adds minimal drag

But at the same time the extra water chamber and volume of an a/c is pretty sweet and
    if i go with an a/c ill def consider an inline or one of those tree style ones.
    Does any1 have any experience with upgrading from these lil a/cs to getting a normal one? Hows the drag compare?
    bong with old a/c:
    http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/mhughes_bucket/?action=view&current=CIMG1075A.jpg

2. i imagine its like going from no diffy to full on german diffy. incase your wondering, thats glug-glug-glug, to a pull thats smooth like butter.

3. I dont have a carbon filter nor have i ever used one, but i do love my ash catcher. Its similar to yours is size and shape, exact same color tho:p if i keep her clean very minimal drag its all good

4. Id go with the A/C myself, but thats just me.