Carbon Filter for PC Grows?

Discussion in 'Security' started by st3f, Apr 28, 2013.

1. I've been looking at building a PC grow box and I've seen so many people talk about adding a carbon sheet for the 10cm/12cm PC fans, but I haven't heard how effective it is in terms of pushing air out and actually masking the smell during the flowering stage. For those who know more than I do about it...what's your view on it?

2. They will slow air some anything there will add resistance. In terms of smell they cant be as full proof as a carbon can filter. I would def invest in a HEPA or Carbon standalone filter that you can buy from Walmart along with other odor controlling devices.

How much smell is dependent on the plant. Some plants stick so bad its terrible. Some not at all.

3. Honestly...for a micro grow of that size, I'd look more into odor neutralizing than worry about an active carbon sheet.

Build an ona bucket of some sort. At least this way, you can neutralize the scents from your micro box and you don't have to worry about adding extra resistance to your exhaust fan.

What if the negative pressure in your cab isn't right? The air will just leak out of your box, bypassing the carbon sheet which ends up making it a pointless addition that only reduces your exhaust (Maybe causing heat issues?). That's my beef with those things at least.

It's either that or get a stronger pc fan with a higher cfm rating. Then build a d.i.y carbon filter to shove on it. Not sure how effective those are though.