Carbon filter for dabs?!?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by phxperc, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Anyone on here use a carbon filter w/ their dab setup?

I just bought a carbon filter for my HBG bubbler w/ ti nail + globe setup. First hits from it smooth as hell but I noticed that I wasn't as stoned as hitting it w/o the carbon filter.

So I tested this theory a few hours later when my head cleared up, and took the same dab size as the previous time. I was a lot more stoned and considering this was the second smoke of the day.

Wanted to get your guys opinions on using a carbon filter for dab hits. Does anyone here do it? Do we lose THC potency using a carbon filter w/ dabs?

Any answers or feedback would be great!

2. Dont see the point, u can dab for days and water doesnt get dirty, therefore nothing for carbon to filter out.

3. But the glass has this wax stuck on it after a few hits. I noticed there were still hints of the wax w/ the carbon filter, but not as much.

I would really like to use it for the smoother hits, but really want to know if it removes a significant amount of THC.

4. i use mcfinns but i use less coco chips say 50 to 40 % full ...I use a WeedStar 18mm carbon filter my setup is a 2010 BC bubb

funny i was thinkin the same as you phx about losing potency ...hmm im not a scientist but it does make bad tane a lil more bearable... i had made sum bad tane tastin errl and the coco chips def clean up the taste........ooh yeah so how bout this i also use the mcfinns cotton on the back end of the bubb right before it goes to the mouthpiece....i sumthimes get that errl film on the teeth and dont like that the cotton went from bright white to slight orange after sum oiling and cut that tane on the teeth taste.... anyone else have thoughts???
    cheers from NYC

5. [quote name='"phxperc"']But the glass has this wax stuck on it after a few hits. I noticed there were still hints of the wax w/ the carbon filter, but not as much.

I would really like to use it for the smoother hits, but really want to know if it removes a significant amount of THC.[/quote]

Robbing yourself of reclaim. The "resin" left by oil is still potent. Take some iso and wash it out, let iso evap amd then u got claim. Lotta people dont like smoking claim so they bake with it, i personally dont find claim to be gross so ill dab it.

6. I didn't know that you could dab that resin! How often do you guys typically change your carbon? After every "x" amount of hits?

7. When im smokin flowers it gets changed daily when i iso my piece.