Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Carbon Filter - Do you get as high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Pngwyn, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Just wondering. Supposedly THC particles are too big for activated carbon to absorb it, but I imagine there is at least some loss when passing through carbon in a carbon filter.

Anyone notice significant differences in high when using one?

2. All I notice is a much smoother hit which means. Bigger hits = more high. Win win

3. ive heard people trying to say this

pretty sure its 100% false

i use a carbon filter every time

taste better, keeps bong water clean, seems like a cleaner high

4. What made the most sense to me was when someone explained it like this:

Some THC is lost in the filter, but the amount of THC filtered out versus what the filters actually trying to get out is extremely small, and because of everything that's filtered out it allows more of the THC to reach the walls of your lungs (rather than the crap caught by the filter) so you still absorb the same amount, and just less other crap with it.

5. #5 Pngwyn, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
    Wow, so in truth it could possibly it gets you higher? I didn't expect that. I don't really understand the sublimation of MJ..

I guess the smoke seems a lot less dense when I exhale so I felt like I was intaking less smoke per hit.

Cheers.