Carbon filter & CO2; need help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by KryptaChronic, Apr 14, 2011.

1. So I'm building a small grow cabinet and using DWC and SCROG a la rumpleforeskin's stuff. I plan on posting a grow journal once it's up and running but I have reached an impasse. Using a closed air system I am going to pump CO2 into the room. My question is if I put a carbon filter in the room to draw air through, will I need a damper still so that the CO2 won't seap out through the filter?

2. #2 RO76, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
    You need a controller ($400 and Up) which will shut down your ventilation when room is filled up with CO2 and it will also shut down your CO2 delivery when room is venting....I do not think CO2 will make any difference on the such a small scale.
    Lets say that CO2 will increase your average harvest by 20% so if you growing one plant and getting on average 60 grams of medicine then by introducing CO2 you will get 72 grams.... But again if you are growing 30 plants then difference probably will be significant...
    You can also use timer.... There are good videos on Youtube about CO2...
    P.S. Here is more info:http://www.cannabis-seed-banks.com/cannabis-Co2.html

3. Set the fan ontop of the filter.. No ducting so it sucks hair threw and just keeps recirculating. :wave: