Carbon dioxide question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lemneisaa, Dec 13, 2016.

1. So I'm laying in bed trying to battle the insomnia and I had an idea.
    Yeast produces Co2 so if I were to get a bottle and poke some holes in the top half and fill it with yeast then put it in with my girls and every time I go in the tent give the bottle a squeeze to push the co2 out would that benefit my plants in any way?

2. It is simple yet difficult.

separator.jpg

The trick is you want the CO2 during intense lighting and to keep the CO2 you are generating in the tent. So you are usually left with a heat issue and lack of fresh air exchange. If you have a timer for your tent outtake fan, and another fan in your tent then this shouldn't be an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh I didn't realise this was already a thing. Great minds think alike ahaha. Thanks for the info I will research this. I do have a co2 tank but it's running out

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. You can also make a container that drips vinegar into a container of baking soda if you get a valve to control the drip.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not enough to make it worth the time and money invested into making and maintaining these. IMO if you aren't in a fully sealed room your almost wasting time on things when you could improve other areas of your grow that would benefit it way better.

Happy smoking and growing

WGG

Sent from my Z963VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thanks man. My tent is sealed other than a zipper

7. Yeah the only times that this is going to benefit running co2 is a completely sealed room or greenhouse. Or running a legit co2 system.

In a non sealed environment as far as air tight, it's almost a waste of time. Haha not to be a Debby downer. But just trying to help save funds or wasted time when I can.

Happy smoking and growing man

WGG

• Like Like x 1
  8. I get you man. My tents always got a fresh supply of air anyway so the co2 just seems to be a little bonus

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah I tried jars and different baking soda ways back in the day. I honestly didn't notice much if any bonus of running these contraptions. It was just a bitch to clean and refill them haha. You wanna really benefit your room with co2 put a little compost in the corner to cook. The microbes will out off more then those contraptions haha

Happy smoking and growing.

WGG

Happy smoking and growing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeast and sugar water but unless u have loads amd loads of.lights it wont make much difference plus for the little amount it makes ur carbon filter would take most of it out the tent

Autoflower420

11. It may be light tight but it wont be airtight or the filters would suck the tent in etc

Autoflower420