Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Carbed bong vs non carbed.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by awdcivic, Apr 12, 2012.

1. #21 jaykewashere, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
    [quote name='"glazedKnuckles"']

Wow a pint? You don't need that much man[/quote]

when you smoke a few ounces out of your bong before you clean it you sure do , I have a few bongs btw . My bongs get so dirty I need to do 4 rinses. The first one with just iso to soften the resin , the second one with salt to get the big particles out , the third one with salt again to get the last bit and the fourth one with just iso to make it squeaky clean

2. Get glass on glass.

3. Well no, not really, it's the smoke that's hot, not the air. The air just pushes the smoke into your lungs.

4. [quote name='"Jaames"']

Well no, not really, it's the smoke that's hot, not the air. The air just pushes the smoke into your lungs.[/quote]

Yeah you're right. It is still harsh from lack of diffusion tho, since it is only rushing air in.

5. Going with the slide over carb on this one.

6. [quote name='"jaykewashere"']

when you smoke a few ounces out of your bong before you clean it you sure do , I have a few bongs btw . My bongs get so dirty I need to do 4 rinses. The first one with just iso to soften the resin , the second one with salt to get the big particles out , the third one with salt again to get the last bit and the fourth one with just iso to make it squeaky clean[/quote]

Ah. I forgot I don't know your life.

Carry on

7. A pint isn't that much, really.

Iso + salt in the first rinse would be more effective. Let it sit for a bit, then shake it all about. Then carry on as necessary.

8. Could you please mind explaining how a bong with a carb is more harsh than a bong without a carb? I want to know why the smoke is harsher being pushed by diffused air rather than non-diffused air :wave:

Sorry, but I kind of support Jaames on this matter. I don't think it makes a difference where the air goes through as long as all of the smoke is being filtered through water :hello:

9. #29 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    :confused_2: I could be completely wrong and I can't backup what I am saying at all, just speculation

I just feel the diffusion helps to break the bubbles up into smaller bubbles, which diffuses it and increases the smoothness of the smoke. I don't think it has to do with the volume or temperature of the rush air. I don't like carbs for huge hits (like on my pipe) because I like to have as much smoke in my lungs as possible.

I get much more fresh air than smoke using carb methods, no matter how little I use the carb during my hits. It just puts a heavy pressure on my lungs to have that much volume of air in my lungs at once.

Never used a carb on a bong, but I feel it would be the same way.

I mean, the difference alone in being able to clear my new piece (SYN mini shower head) vs my old piece (SYN beaker bottom, no perc) is 100x easier. it's literally effortless. And there is barely 1/10 the water that was in my beaker. The diffusion from the showerhead makes it clear huge yellow rips much better than light airy milks from the beaker.

Again, just all personal experience. I could be very wrong here. Just how I view smoking my pieces :)

Also, just curious, does it go through the water in a bong with a carb? Because there is no downstem into the water from the carb, wouldn't the air just pass on top of the water, not through? I was under that assumption.

10. #30 Yosh139, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    Yeah the air goes over the water, but that last question counteracts what you said earlier in the post:

It doesn't really matter if the air that makes the rush is diffused and filtered through the water as long as all of the smoke goes down the downstem and through the water. Now if you remove the downstem on a 3 part bong (bowl, downstem, bong), it is EXACTLY the same as using a carb. If you remove the bowl of a 3 part, however, it's like removing a bowl of a two part bong (bowl, bong) but the stem stays in. I can make my bong (which has a carb) have super yellow milky hits or nice airy white hits, it's just how hard I'm inhaling (it has a HUGE hole in the bowl that lets lots of air in, so if I inhale slowly it'll get that nice yellow consistency, but if i inhale quicker it'll have that more white consistency).

I really want to get a shower head diffuser for my bong as it does allow for more diffusion effortlessly, but for now I have a slit diffuser downstem with a tiny thing at the bottom to block a lot of the air going through that huge hole in the bottom (standard slit diffuser downstem, kind of a cheap one but whatever it's my first piece and lasted more than 9 months) to allow more diffusion and it has cooled my hits a lot better. :D

Edit: Also what I've found in my bong is it is really a hassle to try to remove the bowl or downstem at the exact time you need, because sometimes that glass gets sticky, yo. I've wetted my bowl because I coughed in trying to remove that damn bowl but it wouldn't budge! :mad: It's really easy to control the air intake with a carb on the bong. :smoke:

11. Your right. I was mistaken how Id escribed it earlier. And I never remove the downstem for hits, just the slide. When I remove the downstem it is harsh as fuck. lol. Much better with diffusion.

Idk, just not a carb guy. Not my personal cup of tea.

And I had an Alex K showerhead diffy for my beaker, was pretty amazing :) worked mich better than something with twice as many slits or holes.

Having a showerhead perc, on the other hand, is just jizz in your pants everywhere. I love mine :) Kinda wish I got the Full Syn Showerhead now :p

And I never had an issue with my slides getting sticky. Ever. Just on the inside of the pieces. Is your bong made from thicker glass? Or maybe the type of joint you have? I dunno. I never heard of having that issue though.

12. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

Your right. I was mistaken how Id escribed it earlier. And I never remove the downstem for hits, just the slide. When I remove the downstem it is harsh as fuck. lol. Much better with diffusion.

Idk, just not a carb guy. Not my personal cup of tea.

And I had an Alex K showerhead diffy for my beaker, was pretty amazing :) worked mich better than something with twice as many slits or holes.

Having a showerhead perc, on the other hand, is just jizz in your pants everywhere. I love mine :) Kinda wish I got the Full Syn Showerhead now :p

And I never had an issue with my slides getting sticky. Ever. Just on the inside of the pieces. Is your bong made from thicker glass? Or maybe the type of joint you have? I dunno. I never heard of having that issue though.[/quote]

It's the sanded part that gets really stuck if it isn't wet, like it's really difficult to take off the bowl from the downstem and the downstem from the bong. Thank got it's a solid tank joint :p it was a cheaper one than the rest (Weed Star Burner 2.0 TX no ice pinches, they don't sell them anymore) at $36, and I figured that I could handle the carb because it was my first piece. I've come to enjoy the carb on my bong :smoke:

13. I vote slide...yanking it out at the end of the hit is so satisfying, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Glass on glass all the way!... What r u doing smoking those cheapy acrylic carbed bongs for? I can think on cons all day for those shit bongs, only reason u should smoke a acrylic is if its a gas mask or last resort.. But if u had both types of bongs, id just throw the 5 dollar acrylic away...

15. What is the point of smoking a bong if it has a carb? Would it even be a bong? Wouldn't it just be a big bubbler?

16. This thread sounds like an installment of "Keeping Up With The Jones" or "mine is better because it cost more".

17. [quote name='"softserve"']What is the point of smoking a bong if it has a carb? Would it even be a bong? Wouldn't it just be a big bubbler?[/quote]

Those ausies love their carbed bongs :

18. My bong has a slide, and a carb.
    I hold the carb and pull like normal, pull the bowl out, clear the down stem, release the carb, and clear the tube.
    It's glass too.

19. [quote name='"Sorokya"']My bong has a slide, and a carb.
    I hold the carb and pull like normal, pull the bowl out, clear the down stem, release the carb, and clear the tube.
    It's glass too.[/quote]

But...that's so pointless. Just clear it when you take out the bowl, that's what makes it a bong.

20. [quote name='"Sorokya"']My bong has a slide, and a carb.
    It's glass too.[/quote]

What in gods name... Why would u want a bong like that... Makes no sense...