Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Carb on left or right?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by VladTepes, Apr 23, 2010.

1. All of my pipes with carbs have them on the right. I'm right handed, so when I hold it with said hand, my thumb does the job for me. Left is for lighting.

2. Carb placement would not affect my purchase of a piece unless it was in a really akward spot. But left or right no preference. left here :)

3. I feel you. I couldn't give ANY less of a shit. :metal: Unless it's in some obscure ass pointless awkward useless spot..

4. Keep the posts coming guys and gals. This is turning out great. :D

5. My bubbler has a carb on the right side, but I prefer the left. Don't use the bub much.

6. I use my friends pieces. I prefer the carb on a pipe to be on the left. Im right handed, so I like to use my right hand for the lighter and I also like to use my thumb for the carb. With bongs its reversed, I hold the bong with my right hand and light with my left. Though, once again I still prefer the carb on the left so I can use my thumb.

7. All of that makes perfect sense.

8. I really don't have a preference for carb placement as the natural way I hold a pipe, I'll cover it on both. Thumb for the left, index for the right. I just have to move a different finger. But for the most part, the carbs ive used are on the left, but I've hit quite a few right sided ones too.

9. I prefer the carb on the left side of the bowl. I always light with my right hand, so it makes it easy to just use my thumb.

10. it doesnt really matter to me. as long as i can grip it comfortably im not very picky about what side the carb is on.

11. I like them on the left cus I light with my right

But it dosn't matter
    Left I'll use my thumb on the right I'll use my finger.

12. All of my spoons have the carb on the left. I always thought it was so you could light the bowl with the right hand, so I guess I understand why you would have one with the carb on the right, for lefties. :p

I do like its placement, but it wouldn't matter to me if it was on the other side. If/when I buy pipes, I prefer a carb, but it isn't totally necessary. If the pipe is good-looking but doesn't have a carb, I'd still buy it. I buy pipes based mostly on looks and size, depending on its usage. For me, pipes reflect my personality in a way.

I won't ever buy a bong with a carb, though. It has to have a slide. I don't want to bust a lung trying to clear a bong.

13. When I purchased my pipes in the past I never really cared/noticed what side it was on. Now I am going to make sure it has a carb on the left :p
    If it doesn't then i'm not buying. Well...only if it's pretty :smoke:

14. I like my carbs on the left, it just feels more natural.

15. On my pipe, it's on the left side. Although i wish it was on the right side cause i spark it with my left hand.

16. I'm glad everyone is sharing. Keep it up :D

17. i prefer bongs with no carb.

and with pipes i prefer it on the right side of the bowl, so i can grip it easily and just hop my index finger on and off it while i light with the right hand

18. I have a carb on the left side of my chest, I use my mouth for the bowl.

19. Mine is on the right side. If you hold the pipe in your left hand, your index finger will cover the carb.

I love the placement. I do not like thumb carbs. I look at it this way; your hand is essentially a pincers. One side is made up of your four fingers, and one of your thumb. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to release one entire side of your grip when you could release 1/4 of one side.

I realize the the pads in your hand/palm come into play, but I'm set in my ways.

20. #40 BloodSweatTears, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010

Very interesting piece. I'd like to see that in action. Just curious, where do you exhale out of?

Nevermind, I don't even want to know which orifice you're exhaling out of.