Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Carb Hole Versus Pull Carb/Slide (Bong)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DippedInSauce, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Hey peoples, I searched for this general topic and didn't find much but I apologize in advance if it's been revisited a million times. 

I was just checking out the Weed Star website and they had this little blurb about peoples' carb preference in a bong:

Quite often, glassbongs without carbholes are used with the "kick" just the same, because many smokers just unplug the slide when inhaling the smoke, which supplies the same effect like glassbongs with carbhole. So, maybe it simply is a matter of optical impression? With or without? What ever you decide, as long as you're smoking the way you like most and don't let them break you, Ziggi Jackson and Weed-Star love you.

Whoever wrote this seems to be pretty confident that releasing a carb hole to clear a bong is exactly the same as pulling a bowl. Obviously they are not exactly the same because in one instance you are inhaling air directly into the tube while in the other you are still drawing air through the water. The two methods are night and day different to me.

It depends how high the carb hole is on the bong but in my experience air seems to mix with the smoke and you end up inhaling a bunch of air with the smoke which makes it nearly impossible to completely clear a good sized bong in one hit. Carb holes will generally leave smoke sitting in your downstem/bowl and the smoke seems harsher to me for some reason. The one thing I do like is the idea that carb holes enable you to clear your bong more stealthily because i'm paranoid and always think everyone everywhere can hear me ripping my bong and coughing.  

Air from a pull carb seems to "chase" the smoke out of the bong much more efficiently. Probably has something to do with atmospheric pressure and the vacuum created inside the bong but I know nothing. Also, with a pull carb it's less likely that you'll have any interaction with dirty bong water because you don't have a stupid hole right in the side of your water chamber.

Anyway, there's much more, but I've already written more than most people will read.

Please vote in the poll and discuss if you feel so inclined. 

Bottom Line: Do you prefer a pull carb or a carb hole in a bong? What do you think the differences are? Or do you think they're the same? Why?

2. I prefer the carb hole, or "shotty" as that is how I was taught and have used ever since.

3. There shouldn't be any difference other than aesthetics.

4. It's a generation thing. Dad hit my bong yesterday and thought the ice pinches were carb holes. 😐. Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery.

5. I like being able to sit back and chill with the bong without getting a bunch of shit water on my lap. Fuck carbs

• Like Like x 1