Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Caramels messed me up bad.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Sesshy55, Oct 31, 2013.

1. So I bought 6 cubes of caramel cannabis from a co-worker last week. I was hyped. I've probably only smoked about 20 times in my life, pipes mostly. 

But these caramels... I took one and about an hour and a half later I started to feel it coming on, and like an idiot I decided to take a second one before the first one even finished kicking in. 

It started out alright, "oooohhhhhhh maaaaaaannnn im sooo FUCKING high!!!!". I continued to eat my entire house until I was stuffed. But it got unpleasant, I felt ill and extremely tired. So I decided to sleep it off. 

I wake up 12 hours later... STILL AS HIGH AS I WAS WHEN I FELL ASLEEP. At this point I was not having fun. My mother keeps trying to talk to me and I'm struggling just to say sane. I ended up hiding all day just trying to sober up lol. 

On top of all that, I felt so distant from society and the reality of death was mentally fucking me up. Lasted the entire week even after the high ended. Was light headed for days afterwards too.

I'm kind of afraid to eat the rest of my caramels. Lol 

2. When I smoke too much, I start feeling like shit and have to sleep. I usually feel fine afterwords, but then again I didn't take medical grade edibles haha. Edibles can fuck you up for hours and hours, but idk about that long. And for the feeling of being distant,etc. I think that could be derealization/depersonalization. I would try the caramels again, but this time, try taking like half of one and wait like an hour to an hour and a half and if you're high isn't where you want it to be take the other part. Just remember, you can always take another, but you can't un-take it. Better be safe than sorry IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. the reality of death? like you thought you were going to die from the caramel?

maybe start with half or a quarter of one next time and take more a couple hours later if you want

4. I would eat all the rest of the Carmels at once. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. edibles will mess you up something phunky if you dont respect them. next time cut that dose in hallf and be patient, jeez.

6. You're straight man, edibles can be more intense.. just 1 should be plenty though.

7. hey,
    i also agree with you that if you don't respect them. next time cut that dose in hallf and be patient, jeez. 

8. Edibles are a different animal to smoking, that's for sure. My buddies and I split a deca dose cheeba chew last night between 4 of us. About 2 hours in, it hadn't hit us hard yet. My buddies decide to smoke a joint, I did not partake, because I knew it was coming. Sure enough, about 2 1/2 hours in it hit me. HARD. It was very enjoyable, and to say my friends were uncomfortably high would be an understatement. Moderation is key with edibles remember that for next time,

9. Hey man you can always send the rest of those edibles to me. :yummy:  

10. OP,

Your experience isn't all that uncommon. Edibles can be very potent  and the difference between smoking and eating is that when you smoke, you can inch it up a notch at a time because the effects are instant and you have a better gauge of when to stop. Eating means that the chemicals have to travel through your digestive tract and it takes noticeably longer. But, when the effect comes on, it just keeps growing and growing until you finally max out....and you don't really have any control of the onset and buildup.

You'll know better next time!

:)

11. Takes about 45 mins for an edible to hit me.

Onetime I made an edible with like 5 grams and ate the whole thing. I remember working on my bicycle, going to my room to turn on Netflix, waking up with a bad ass headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app