Car with 43 pounds of marijuana crashes into trooper's cruiser

Discussion in 'General' started by high as hell, Mar 6, 2007.

1. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/06/drug.bust.ap/index.html

ORANGEBURG, South Carolina (AP) -- It might have been one of the easiest drug busts in the history of the South Carolina Highway Patrol: A car with 43 pounds of marijuana crashed into a trooper's cruiser, authorities said.

The easy bust happened after two patrolmen parked their cars in each lane of northbound Interstate 95 near Santee early Sunday morning following a series of wrecks that had tied up traffic, Highway Patrol Capt. Chris Williamson said.

A Chevrolet Malibu going about 70 mph hit one of the cruisers, causing minor injuries to the trooper behind the wheel, Williamson said.

Officers found two large duffel bags in the trunk with 43 pounds of marijuana in plastic bags, worth more than $150,000, Orangeburg County deputy Warren Pendry said.

They also found a few marijuana cigarettes and cocaine, Pendry said.

The 54-year-old driver from Daytona Beach Shores, Florida, was charged with driving under the influence, possession of cocaine and trafficking marijuana, authorities said

2. 43 pounds!!! I wouldn't mind having that much

3. hahaha what a dumbass

4. lmfao, when you have 43 pound of pot your supposed to stay atleast 500 feet away from cops. not crash into them..... morons.

5. Worst traffickers ever right there. Most will keep it strictly to the exact speed limit and for these guys to crash there car into a trooper!! WTF :eek:

6. haha that sucks

7. Such a shame...

8. If they were on 95 doing 70, traffic was probably passing them. That's just bad luck on their part.

9. Who pays $150,000 for 43 pounds? Where do they get these numbers?

10. The same dumbasses who'd drive it all in to a cop car.

Actually, that doesn't seem that unreasonable of a price, of it was some pretty good shit :p

11. i wish 43 pounds of herb would hit my car :(

12. 43 lbs of weed for 150000 dollars is only 218 dollars an ounce. Thats not a bad deal for an ounce, I usually get my ounces between 200 and 275 so 218 sounds like a realistic price.

13. 43 lbs fit in only two bags? those must have been fat garbage bags...

AGREED...even at 70 mph...

14. I call BS on the Daytona Beach Shores cops!

Why would someone have 43 pounds of weed and not 50 pounds? That's stupid you might as well round that number up to 50. So of course these dudes had 50 pounds of weed, but the police were only able to recover 43 pounds of it, the rest was "lost", everyone here has seen Training Day they know what happened... it's gonna be a fun time at that PD for a while.

P.S. if you haven't seen Training Day, you definetly should it's quality

15. man thats close to me, i hope it was going south not north, so i won't be affected any.

16. beat me too it

:p:hello: GOD........that would be the day

that is fur sure a bummer

not bloody likely. sorry, i don't follow your logic.

17. no joke. theyd prob be like, here take some of this bud and well go our seperate ways lol.

18. ahahaha dude i JUST finished watching training day.