Car trouble help please

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by pianowski69, Nov 14, 2011.

1. I have a 1999 Lincoln Continental.

And when I go to start it, it never go's on the first try. But it starts right up, without a hitch, on the second try.
    On the first turn of the key, it's just keeps cranking, and it doesn't sound like it even wants to turn over. But then the second time it's perfect.
    Every time.

When I first got it, the owner told me about the problem. But when I got it, he said its been sitting a while, and it started right up the first time for about two months. But then the problem came back.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

2. Possibly a fuel pump problem.

3. Yep, some sort of fuel pressure issue. Go to a parts store and have codes checked...

4. Could be a number of things.

Most places do free diagnoses.

5. Alright. Thanks guys.

6. yeah it sounds like its not pumping enough and then starts on the second because of the fuel buildup from the the first crank in addition to whats added on the 2nd crank ..

start with the cheapest like the fuel filter (depending where its located), then make your way to the lines .. even before all that I would try starter fluid, spray n see if it cranks on the initial turn ..

7. #7 steezyDAT, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    Does it do this? if yes than you got a bad starter
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZNvv6tr60[/ame]