Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Car Tips?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 2FootBong, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Well i'll be getting a car in the next couple weeks, probably a convertible. what do i need to know about carrying and using mary jane in the car? i know a lot of people who drive around in hotboxed cars all the time, but is that really a good idea? also, do cops need any sort of probable cause to search your car, or can they just make up something stupid?

2. They need probable cause, but they'll just abuse their authority anyway.

Here's a little tip I learned: If you smoke with the A/C on, it'll get in there, and the next time you turn it on it'll smell like weed. So don't do that shit.

3. dont bring attention to yourself...if possible leave the car stock cops love to fuck with cars that are decked out, there isnt a day i dont get stared down riding my cadillac...i keep her in the garage.

4. Just don't smoke in the car. Why take the risk when you could just park somewhere?

5. #5 RazzleDazzler, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    Like you said hot boxing is a double edged sword, I would probably try not too do it often if you choose to because it will give your car a strong odor. I had a friend with a decked out car that had a fabric interior and that car reeked because it was hot boxed in so much, had they been pulled over they would have been searched for the odor alone. My personal number one rule with weed and a car is to put shit away RIGHT when you're done with it. Don't leave pipes or weed out because if you're pulled and forget about it you'll be fucked, and the cops might get suspicious if you're frantically trying to put something away as they come up.

6. Don't consent to a search.

7. One time i got pulled over cause my car was slightly muddy (its a subaru) and the three cops that pulled me over asked to search the car in which case i said no, and then they brought the dog and i went to jail.

8. whaaaat? that's bull shit. did you say no to the dog search too?

9. Keep your stuff out of sight. But preferably keep it out of the glovebox... I mean reaching for your registration when you get pulled over and forgetting your pipe is in there is a big mistake...

If you keep everything in a lockbox in the trunk, cops need a warrant to open the box.

Also... if you've never drove high before, try not to get blasted your first time. Work your way up. I'm not saying its dangerous to drive high... and I'm not saying its perfectly safe... but definitely get a feel for it first.

10. They didnt ask. The dog just circled the outside of my car.

11. Can't say no to a dog search.

Also OP, cop can just say "It smells like marijuana(in the car)" and he now has enough cause to search the car. However my friend had this happen to him once and he just replied with "no it doesn't" and the cop didn't search. I think it's cause if the cop says it smells like weed and searches the car and doesn't find anything and you've already said it doesn't smell like weed he can get in trouble.

Most cops probly figure you won't do anything anyways if they say it smells like weed but don't find anything, probly cuz not many people follow up with a complaint on the officer as they're happy just to have the ordeal over with.

12. you can say no to a dog search if there is no probable cause.

13. did they find anything?

14. If your car is pretty nice and decked out theres a good chance you wont get pulled over, the more expensive the car, the less likely you are to get pulled over. I used to drive a civic that was pretty nice when i first started driving but now i drive an m6 and no cop has even thought about pulling me over, ive passed cops using radar at over 100mph before. However if you are going to speed and race and shit dont have weed in the car. My car reeks and im sure id get searched if i do in fact get pulled over. Dogs are not your friend, you cant deny a dog search. Also deny, deny, deny and lie well to the cops always about weed but nothing else. If youre caught speeding with weed in the car admit you were speeding when he asks you why he pulled you over. Also check all your lights every so often, it would suck to pick up some weight with a blown tail light or some shit.

15. Don't smoke in your car and you'll be fine.

Why risk it?

Go somewhere quiet, get out and walk around and hit your piece/blunt/w.e.

16. Yea they found like 1 gram

17. just be smart and dont speed or give them any reason to pull you over and you'll be good.

18. #18 2FootBong, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
    thanks all for the responses.

[quote name='"Fly Guy"']

whaaaat? that's bull shit. did you say no to the dog search too?[/quote]

one thing i know for sure is you can't say no to a dog search. just this week i read the opinion of a US circuit court of appeals saying that a dog can literally jump into your car and show them where the drugs are, without either probable cause or a warrant. they said this is because when the dog finds the drugs, it's just instinctual and apparently has nothing to do with the cop walking it around your car. clear bullshit, but don't expect SCOTUS to reverse it.

[quote name='"Batmanchu"']They need probable cause, but they'll just abuse their authority anyway.

Here's a little tip I learned: If you smoke with the A/C on, it'll get in there, and the next time you turn it on it'll smell like weed. So don't do that shit.[/quote]

well i was thinking if i just smoke with the roof down (assuming i have enough for a convertible, which i think i do) then it probably wouldn't make the car smell. does anyone know about that? also, how do respective interiors rank? i'm looking at one currently that has a leather interior and is convertible; is leather better or worse than fabric when it comes to smell?

[quote name='"figarofigaro"']Keep your stuff out of sight. But preferably keep it out of the glovebox... I mean reaching for your registration when you get pulled over and forgetting your pipe is in there is a big mistake...

If you keep everything in a lockbox in the trunk, cops need a warrant to open the box.

Also... if you've never drove high before, try not to get blasted your first time. Work your way up. I'm not saying its dangerous to drive high... and I'm not saying its perfectly safe... but definitely get a feel for it first.[/quote]

haha, i was just thinking about how the glovebox could be a problem. i figure i'm going to leave my registration&whatnot in the center console and save the glovebox for a stash box, since gloveboxes generally lock. i was thinking of trying to hide stuff in a locked box next to the spare tire, but i feel like cops know about that spot and would find it anyway. so glovebox may be the best. one of my friends has a handy spot under his passenger seat where he keeps his ashtray, but since i'm lookin at smaller cars i don't think they'll be room underneath.

also, i've never seen driving high as much of a problem, although some people make a big deal out of it. i don't think i'd drive within an hour of a record session, but i've drove friends' cars high before and it was pretty much the same.

someone said that upgraded cars attract cops. does anyone know if cops would harass relating to bumper stickers? i'm thinking about getting one that has an anarchist a-surronded-by-o and has some sort of anti-government slogan on it, but i don't feel like getting pulled over and being arrested for weed (aka. kidnapped at gunpoint by thugs) over it.

19. Probable cause=smell. If they pull you over for some bullshit reason (they do that) and they smell weed, then they have probable cause to search your car. If they SEE you driving by, passing a J, that is probable cause.

I suggest you don't do it, or keep the hotboxing at a minimum. I used to drive around all the time, smoking weed, till I had an undercover try to pull me over in a "No drug, school zone". I ate about a gram to prevent from being assfucked. From that day, I only drive my pickups home, or with the smallest nugs.

20. When you get pulled over say: I do not consent to any searches officer. Yes, hotboxing is sketch at all times but its fun :)