Car repair sub-forum

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Deleted member 469440, Sep 5, 2012.

1. In the Planes, Trains, and Automobiles section, I think it would be cool to have a sub-forum talking about auto repair. People could post what's been happening with their car and others could help them at least determine the problem..

Just sounds like it could be helpful :D

2. Usually they'll make sub-forums to stop loads of threads about the same topic in a section where they don't belong, so they'll give it it's own section.. however i don't think iv'e ever seen a post or a thread about repairing a car :p so it's pretty unlikely to happen, how about you start a thread and see if it becomes popular. :)

3. I think it would be cool, but as skunkymonkey says (who I think I'm gonna call agent smith for the bad ass avatar) there isn't that may, with the times I floated in there the only car "repair" I saw was a blade having problems with his horn in which I had him pull the fuse (it beeped at random times and turning) until he fixed it. Plus cars are so easy to fix its stupid, I'm amazed other people can't figure it out lol.

4. I also think it could be helpful, I try to put in my .02 when I see someone has a question that I may have knowledge of a possible answer. Let's face it though, if you have a computer there are many brand specific forums that are much better than asking wanna be mechanics....

5. [quote name='"Bwarren93"']I think it would be cool, but as skunkymonkey says (who I think I'm gonna call agent smith for the bad ass avatar) there isn't that may, with the times I floated in there the only car "repair" I saw was a blade having problems with his horn in which I had him pull the fuse (it beeped at random times and turning) until he fixed it. Plus cars are so easy to fix its stupid, I'm amazed other people can't figure it out lol.[/quote]

Cars are not so easy to fix its stupid. They are becoming more comes than you can imagine. Can enabled computer systems with Lin bus lines, fiber optic wiring, and that's not only on the high end vehicles anymore. You ever have a Land Rover throwing a transfer case code, that in no way shape or form, should have even been able to drive because it still hadn't been enabled from the factory? But you know it drives, cuz you just pulled it in your bay! Or any emissions problem on a BMW? Ever change a trans on an older fwd GM, and not be able to figure out why you can't separate the motor and trans, because their is a blog you can't see and need a 3' extension to reach?

I think a car repair section would be great! And I would offer all the advice I could.

6. I dont think a car repair sub forum would really get that much traffic. We have threads pop up from time to time now, but even those are relatively rare. If anything I could see the justification for a car repair sticky.

7. Yeah, there's already a section for cars, I don't see why we need a separate section for car repair. Why not just keep the car repair threads to the car section? :p

I don't think it's an active enough forum to justify splitting it off into separate sub-forums.

8. Is there a car repair or car advice thread? Like a car questions thread?

9. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']Is there a car repair or car advice thread? Like a car questions thread?[/quote]

Not sure. Pm me what ya got and ill do my best for ya.

10. [quote name='"Jbudz23"']

Not sure. Pm me what ya got and ill do my best for ya.[/quote]

Not anything right now but I've had quite a few questions in the past. Just replaced my wheel bearing and those bolts were a bitch to get off. Thanks tho. If I had any questions in the future I definitely will. I think a thread like that would get some attention