Car broken into....FUCK!!!

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Evilbert, Nov 12, 2011.

1. So after waking up at my friends house this morning i went and washed my face. After doing that i grabbed my shit, ate some food, said goodbye and walked out to the car. I first noticed that my glove compartment wasnt closed when i was 5 feet from the car. (FUCK #1) Get to the passenger door, its lightly closed. (FUCK #2) Look in the window, notice the headunit is ripped out, wires hanging out of dash. (FUCK #3) First thing i think of is, shit my sub! I open the trunk, MTX 12" Subwoofer w/ 250 watt amp gone. Wires ripped to shreds (FUCK#4) Called police and insurance. Realize I have a $1000 deductable. (FUCK #4).

Fuck Acura integras and there lack of alarms.

2. damn man. sorry for the bad day. stay positive, next bowl goes out for that thief to get caught.

3. damn ...i know someone who got their wedding money stolen out of their car, like 3 grand or something, so it coulda been worse..the guy could of waited in your car with a gun til you got in and drove you to the bank or went in your house and taken the system, that shit happens all the time so just remember it could be worse

4. You could've lost 2 15's and a 3000 watt amp.be lucky it was a small amp on a single 12.Definitely sucks though.

5. bro if i knew how to grow a money tree..... id definitely help you out

6. The kind of weird thing is that i had a scheduled maintenence today to fix up some stuff with seatbelts, and also have them a install an alarm system i bought.

Now im left with a car with an alarm system not protecting anything really valuable except for the car itself. Oh well, been tokin all day gettin this off my mind

7. dude this exact same shit happened to me except i was just getting up and left my dorm room. I remember going up to the car and realising that its been parked crookedly and i didnt remember parking it like that.

Then as I approached the car i saw the dash completely ripped apart (THE DASH!!!) and about 800$ of paintball guns and equipment stolen from the trunk, plus 2 12' subs and a 1500W amp. They some how didnt get the head unit because i pretty much welded it into the dash lol (which is why they ripped the dash apart).

That sucks right? well then i realized they took the car for a joy ride and bent two rims plus broke the front axle. Reported it to the police but of course they dont give a shit, so none of my stuff was found.

Oh btw this happened with my 91 civic haha

8. Dude that fucking sucks,fuck thieves.

9. or hopefully hoping that someone captures the thief ties him up and tatoos thief across there forehead (true story by the way).

10. brutal man.. i'd hate to have a system stolen from me :(

11. #11 stupidstuff, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
    Sorry to here this, I have had this happen. It was someone you know that did it statistically. That is the worst part. They only got the head unit(and destroyed it) on me because the rest was custom installed and would have taken tools and time to remove.

Hint#1 for the future
    Properly installed head units are very hard to remove without the unit keys. Doing so usually causes damage the the deck. There are also locking systems that install from behind the deck(plumbers strap and a bolt, usually comes with the deck and are thrown away)

Hint #2
    Systems rolling around the trunk without being properly installed(bolted down at the least) just lift out in seconds. 4 bolts from inside the box makes it impossible to remove without removing the sub from the box, then bolt the amp to the box or floor as well.

I used to do car audio professionally and when installed professionally a system is not worth the trouble to go for unless the thief has lots of time. Alarms are so easy to prevent going off it is not even funny. Hope this helps in the future

Now for the possibly good news. If the residence was insured the home owners insurance will cover your deductable or replace everything asl well as any dammage sustained during the brake in.:D This is the law.

12. fuck man..........................................
    i hate people who do that kind of shit.
    atleast you didn't have a 12" alpine X series ;)
    my buddy got his car broken into and they stole his ray-bans but not his sub cus its just too damn heavy lol

13. Don't bump around where you park. The thief is usually someone from the neighborhood who has heard you bump your system. Sometimes it's completely random though.

14. It's called cannabis!

15. Damn theifs. I had my .380 stolen out of my truck

16. dude this is a very true statement, i was always slapping my subs as i would roll around campus. Sure enough it got stolen and it ended up being one of the first kids i met freshmen year. We would always chill and shit.

Honestly tho, i dont really care cuz i used to do the same stuff back in my early college days and highschool, break into cars and houses. So i guess karma just got me back. LOL