Car audio.

Discussion in 'General' started by crucialdanks303, Jun 27, 2009.

1. So i can hear my Alternator through my speakers, What would cause this and how can i fix it?

its a 1998 Land Rover Discovery I

2. It doesn't matter, some nihilists are going to set it on fire no matter what.

3. Is your power wire and your audio signal wire running to your trunk on the same side of the car? Try to seperate them as much as possible.

4. All i know is that everything comes through the firewall in the harness, It branches out and Connects to a Terminal post, And another from that post running straight to the Positive side. It has two seperate amps.

5. Wires come through your firewall as well as wires from the back of your deck. You have to make sure your power wire from your battery is on a different side from the rest of the wires or it can cause the other wires to output sound.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hmm, I dont get it. . . Sorry so when it comes out of the harness it has two Terminal rings, and then one comes off the positive, I used to have a circuit breaker on them where the two were on one post and the other one on another but it broke so i ripped it off...Could that be causing it? i have all three rings on eachother

7. Are your amps in your trunk or at the back of the car? If so you have 3 wires running to them.

-Positive Power
    -Audio signal (RCA Style cable)
    -Amp start-up and shut-down signal cable.

You get the ground for your amps from the frame of the car I am assuming. Well the positive power wire which runs though your firewall should be running on one side of your car to the trunk (under the carpet). Well say that power wire was running on the drivers side of the car... run all the rest of them on the passengers side of the car.

8. One amp is under the passenger seat, And the other one is on the Back door trunk.

9. Okay so each amp has a positive cable running to it. Just make sure that the rest of the cable aren't routed anywhere near the power cables under the carpet.

10. Damn, Im not sure what to do. . .I really dont wanna rip up all my carpet.

11. It goes up through my carpet im sure. So i couldnt just buy a new circuit breaker and a sound supressor kit?

It's just started to do this, And i think i got the circuit breaker wet. . .So i think that killed that.