Car audio thread

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by B33PB33P, Feb 11, 2014.

Lol, you're a n00b. I joined in 2007. I'm not gonna tell you my user name because there's a lot of stupid high school kid shit I posted back in the day.  I'd be too embarrassed. :laughing:

2. Haha yeah man I just use it to buy and sell shit most of my stuff on there is private messages and stuff, but so what man everyone has to start somewhere

Sent from my HTC One

3. #63 Papageorgio, May 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014

Yeah the classifieds are great, i've bought quite a bit of stuff from there.

4. I'm down for the old school sound quality gear. Don't like the new stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I'll have to take a few pics once I get everything cleaned up, but I have 2 Sundown X 12s on an SAZ-1500 @ 2 ohms. Subs are dual 2 ohm so I don't have too much choice on my impendence, considering I'm not risking wiring to .5 ohm until I save enough to buy a 260 amp alternator. Eventually I'm going to pick up another SAZ-1500, and run a seprate amp to each sub. Hoping to hit, or be around 150db. I've seen a pair of X 12s do it in a camry.

6. This guy down the street from my bought a totaled corvette to rebuild well it had a cheater amp from back in the day, it says it's rated at 50 watts x 4 channels at 4 ohms. But it does 2000 watts x 4 at .25 ohms and he won't sell me the fucked!

Sent from my HTC One

7. #67 Cloudz, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014

As much as I love subs n music.....I couldnt have it an old school muscle car like a Corvette. Id rather hear that engine lol

Newer cars I can see it.....but not with older cars IMO.

8. Ive installed tons of audio systems before, but never have I had to deal with a car like my friends 2012 altima.

0 accessable grommets in the firewall, almost no bolts in the trunk to ground the amp etc.

9. Used to love hooking my audio system up! Gotta get back into it

I had one Sony Xplod 1000watt and a 500 watt amp, really gave that boom heading down the block. 

Wasn't any Professional type thing, but for under $100 it definitely got the job done  :bongin:

10. #70 B33PB33P, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
    There's a guy that ran three sony explodes 12s hitting 160 something. Some people can work magic

Sent from my HTC One

11. #71 Papageorgio, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2014
    I'll be putting a system in a 1930 Ford Model A. I'm gonna make it match the steering wheel. Mahogany! 10" alpine type r, 6" type R components, powered by the pdx 5 channel. 

:devious:  :metal:  :lol: :D :yay: :hello:

:bongin:

Sidenote: The only thing original on this car is most of the dash and the body. It's not a fully restored model A, so I won't be bastardizing it with a system. It's got some bookshelf speakers from a cheap ass home stereo mounted on the back wall. That's what I'll be replacing.

Hell yeah.....lets see some pics if you can. Sounds sweet...

I'll be at his place tonight, I'll snag some pics of the car. I'll probably do a separate thread for a build log. I'll take pics along the way as I build the box and install.

I'm pretty stoked.

14. #74 Papageorgio, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
    Well I wound up installing the head unit this evening. Workin on this was a breeze, everything is exposed and hangin. I'm gonna have to clean it up a lil once it's all said and done.

Pics!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]<div>[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </div><a>7</a>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. yah my DD has a system and i will not be adding one to my project car, the weight penalty is pretty significant.

16. #76 Cloudz, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014

Nice....lookin good! Ive got an appreciation for restored classic cars...

I'll get some pics up here soon of my car-audio setup.

17. Got my door speakers!!! Image Dynamics CTX65cs

I just need a head unit and some wiring odds and ends and I can get this shit started.

2 12" Stereo Integrity BM mkIII's powered by an alpine pdx-1.1000, the alpine pdx-2.150 will be powering the doors.

0619141925.jpg 0619141940.jpg

18. As far as mentioned with firewalls, and lack of available grommets. It's pretty easy, drill 1/8 pilot, then use a step bit to open the hole. File the burrs, then go to any automotive store and buy a rubber grommet, usually half inch. I believe they cost like 2$ each up here

19. Anyone here know anything about replacing speakers on a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant?

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

It's all just a matter of finding out how to remove the panels to get to the speakers. There's probably a tutorial somewhere on the internet for your make and model.