Car accident

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Pokie, Nov 26, 2013.

1. I got into my first car wreck. I was at a stop and decided to go and I thought I had enough time to make it across the intersection without issue. Apparently he was going faster than I thought. He honked the horn and I looked and it was just like the movies where you just see the car. I just held on and my car completely spun out and he hit my rear end on the side.
    Long story short my car is completely done. Its not worth the money to fix it. Now I'm looking at options for getting another car and I don't have a lot of cash. Does anyone have experience leasing a car? If not I hope you enjoyed reading about me almost dying hah.

2. That sucks man. Just be glad you're alive. Was the other driver okay?

3. Yeah his car he was able to drive away. I really didn't see the damage but it looked like the bumper just fell off. He didn't seem in as much shock as I was.
    Shit scared me though but I really appreciate my instincts it was like I wasn't even controlling my body i just did whatever I had to do without thinking about it. I really didn't realize what a shitty situation I was in Until the shock wore off.

4. That's a collision son not an accident an accident is like what I got involved with last year. A home and I dropped a friend off at his place and will going to get drugs the car freakin' slid into a railing it was raining at the time and I smashed this classes face in the window didn't hurt but that happened. He fixed his car all up after it with his Jehovah's Witness cult followers I believe they're a cult they don't fuck with anybody son it's ridiculous and it got fixed for the low low but that's pretty epic what happened to you anyway it was like being born all over again you destroy the means of transportation and when you get out of the transport which is the car instead of a vagina you look and feel in a worse shape than you might be or be in

5. I don't understand you were at a stop light an decided to go anyways?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Its the other guys fault. When I hear a horn I hit the brakes, idk what he expected you to do. Honking is not gonna stop a crash from happening, he'd be better off braking.

7. Big no to leasing man. I'd say just buy a good cheap used car, and pay for it in full.

8. Stop sign. I really thought he wasn't going fast enough to hit me I knew I could make it across with how far away he was.

9. Thats what I thought. He could have braked and swerved out of my way. If he was paying attention to see me coming across his lane he def could have avoided the accident.

And I don't want to lease either. I don't like the idea of not owning my car. My dads kind of hell bent on it and I'm in college so right now I'm relying on my parents and my part time job to figure something out.

10. C'mon don't try and let yourself or anyone else try and make excuses up for you. If the other guy was going the speed limit and didn't have a stop sign, you were in the wrong. You can't say if he did this or that it could've been avoided. That's like saying if he had a car with more hp he would've passed you before you ran a stop sign..

People need to understand that the rules of the road isn't for them to get anywhere fast but to get there safely. Next time don't try and beat someone who has the right of way,

Lease a car you can afford and have someone with good credit, possibly your parents and get them to co sign for you.

11. #11 Ẅest Čoast, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
    It's definitely not the other guy's fault. You were at a stop sign and made a bad decision to proceed when a car was approaching that did not have to yield/stop. You miscalculated, not the other guy.

Insurance?

12. Some guy slammed into my trying to make his yellow light going 50+ in a 40mph zone. I know how ya feel. Hope you can get your situation fixed.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

13. Oh my god. Way worse than mine. I'm sorry I feel ya.

And I know I was in the wrong to everyone out there. Looking back I know. My insurance doesn't have collision insurance but they will pay for any damage the other car has though they're trying to avoid that as well by saying he was speeding.

14. Oh my god. Way worse than mine. I'm sorry I feel ya.

And I know I was in the wrong to everyone out there. Looking back I know. My insurance doesn't have collision insurance but they will pay for any damage the other car has though they're trying to avoid that as well by saying he was speeding.

Do you have insurance? Some idiot like you crashed into me (and totaled my car) like 5 years ago. Insurance got me a rental car and replaced my car for $0.

Even though it was your fault, that's what insurance is for. Why are you even worried about fixing it? Insurance will replace it.