Car accident

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by AndyB420, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Got a question for you blades out there tonight.

2 friends and I were driving home from a party tonight. We were on a highway and it was really dark and rainy. We were just listening to some music when we looked in front of us and saw 2 cars slam into each other really hard. Smoke was everywhere and both cars looked completely totaled so we pulled over and parked.

We got out and looked over and saw the two cars had crashed right on the median so they weren't blocking the lanes, even though there were barely any cars out. The car that got hit was a wife and husband and they got out and even though I could barely see them I could tell they were in shock. I saw the driver in the other car still in his seat but I couldn't see his face, but he never got out of the car so idk if he was hurt or somethin.

All of a sudden the wife from the first car starts screaming non stop. She didn't sound mad but she sounded scared or shocked. She just kept screaming in the most disturbing way possible, and we all thought that maybe someone in the backseat or the guy in the other car was hurt or dead, but we couldn't make out what she was screaming.

We were all shocked as we've never been in an accident and rarely seen any so we didn't really know what to do. My friends wanted to go over and see if anyone was hurt and dead and try to help out, but I thought we shouldn't cause she looked delirious and in shock and kept just screaming at the top of her lungs, so idk what she would do if we ran up to her. Plus it was in the median of a highway so we could get hit by a car.

Anyway, we were freaking out so we called the police and told them what happened and they said they were sending squad cars out to the accident. By this time some people were pulling over and trying to help but the lady just kept screaming so I guess they just called 911 and left. A man finally pulled over and ran up and started calling 911 and trying to calm the women down.

Now this is my question. After the man showed up to help we left because we already called the cops but didn't want to talk to them cause we were high and had bud on us. I was thinking we should stay and give our story to the cops as we were the only ones who saw the accident and could help the situation.

Did we do the right thing or should we have done something different. It's just been bothering me

2. You should of walked up and asked them if they were ok but besides that you did the best you could do

Sent from a Marijuana

3. i mean you did what you felt was right at the time you cant change that and you did your part, you called the cops. that was nice enough, i wouldn't have stopped if i had drugs, and i have to call the cops, yeah right.

4. Well, I don't believe you made a bad decision. You did what you thought was right and called 911, sounds like there wasn't much else you could have done to help the situation, although personally I would have gone over to see if everybody was okay but that's just me.

5. #5 StickyxLover, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
    nah fuck that. Nobody wants to deal with cops while high. Sounds like everyone was ok though 

6. In a normal situation, I would feel a sense of obligation to stop and check that everyone is alright. 
    I would want someone else to do the same thing for me.

I've taken a first aid course, but thankfully never had to use any of the skills yet. 

7. Damn it! You just left me hanging, man. I seriously wanted to find out what she was screaming about..

8. You can always contact the station to give your number to the people involved. Usually the insurance company will want to ask you questions to determine the at fault percentages. (Obviously you called in, waited for others and had to be on your way, due to whatever....)
    Oh and next time, have a buddy find out why she's screamin, at least out of consideration for the rest of us. ;)

9. #9 RandyBoBandy8, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2013
    If your there helping someone I don't think the cops are gonna be like you know WHAT! You looked baked instead of saving these people's lives I'm gonna take an hour to search and give you guys a ticket for psession.... Really thoSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Unless you were noticeably intoxicated, you probably should have talked to the cops--since you were the only witnesses. The police were responding to a real emergency, not to reports of 3 possibly stoned individuals. Of course, you may have been asked to give further statements about what you saw.

11. in the UK the police will probably arrest you then disregard what you have to say as you've broke the law. but as someone said probably would've been best to go over make sure everything is fine, leave a number while ringing the police and just say you're busy and have to go. then give a statement at a later date

12. You did a lot better than what 90% of people woulda done. Most would have just kept going surprisingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. #13 wolftigerosebud, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    You didn't do anything wrong. There is sometimes useful guilt, when someone has done something genuinely wrong. But there is also useless guilt that occurs more as a result of trauma, stress, or conditioning and which has no useful place in your life.

Try to consciously focus on the feeling and welcome it fully into your heart. Expand your chest and hold your shoulders back and let the feeling move around in your consciousness. You don't have to change it. You'll heal with time. The more conscious you are, the better off you'll be.

Do this each time it comes up and you remember to, and I think it's likely you'll gain insights and peace from the process of consciously observing the feeling.