Cap's Collection [HD Photography]

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Capital, Jun 24, 2012.

1. subb'd instantly. these are the type of threads i enjoy.

keep up the great work
    :smoke:

2. #42 Capital, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
    ^^ Thanks man, there will definitely be more to come as I find more time to photograph the rest of my collection and the many new additions that will be added.

Anyone else have an abnormally shitty week at work? Servers breaking, people writing code carelessly that I end up having to clean up their mess. Yuck. Sometimes being middle management sucks, you get shit on in both directions.

Anyhow, went out and had a nice ass steak for dinner, now it's way past time for some dabs and a couple bowls, maybe some video games and take some more pictures of this Recko.

He wants me to send back pics of the color change, so time to get to work making that happen.

I gotta get to work finding a nice black velvet stand to set this thing on too, any suggestions? I probably will end up just making one or seeing if Coughlins can do something custom for me.

3. I didn't have a shitty week at work, but I'm getting pulled in to work almost everyday, gah.

Would you care if the stand was metal? I've seen some really nice steel ones, usually holding sherlys. I couldn't recommend anyone though, just another option to look into I suppose.
    Could always find a wood carver if you can't find a metal worker (though I'm assuming Coughins would be the wood worker, they're slide stands are very classy).

4. That sherlock is mind blowing, i may need to invest in an account on bm, i definitely need to sub to your thread and +rep ya

5. some tight glass in here, especially them salt slides. love that anteater :smoking:

but no collection is complete without some SG

6. #46 Capital, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
    Is this safe? I guess I have never considered placing my glass on metal stands. I'm talking with Coughlins currently as well seeing if they can do something custom, but they haven't done one before.

I'm seeing if they can do something like:

[​IMG]

Dont worry. At all. The SG fiends will get their fix in the near future. I am looking at pillars pretty hard right now as I haven't added much scientific to my collection lately. I wanted to get one of the Pakoh collab upgrids but wasn't fast enough :smoke:

Still working on that color change for the Gateson, had a little session with a good friend of mine last night.

Broke her in with some silver surfer and golden goat, I'll get pics up soon I just want to get the color change a bit darker, the lightning is really starting to stand out well as the light glass turns a dark amber.

7. I'm not sure, I would GUESS that as long as it's smooth and you don't bang it with your glass or anything, you should be safe from scratches.
    Wood would sherly (;)) be safer though and would probably look classier.

8. #48 Capital, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
    Still not enough color change on the Gateson to post new pictures.
    I'm workin on it though lol, ended up getting some new oil in over the weekend so didn't smoke to much in the way of flowers. Now that it's Monday I'll be back to a lot of flowers again until the weekend.

In regards to the stand for the Sherly, it looks like Coughlins and I may be working something out, he is still seeing if it is going to be something he can do but it sounds promising.

I hit a mobius Penta at a friends place and was quite impressed, solid piece for sure. Think I am still leaning toward a stemline though.

Here's a video of some Penta bubble action for those who have not seen:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlAAbh8uZm0]Mobius Penta Disc Perc 2012 (in development) - YouTube[/ame]

9. #49 Capital, Jul 5, 2012
    Picking up a sov piece tomorrow. I decided I wanted a worked upgrid mini king, I am currently debating between two.

The work I like better has the natty, the other still has attractive working but is a bent neck. Haven't come to terms with if I like the bent neck or natty style better yet... guess I have until tomorrow to think on it.

Any of you Sov fans that can think of pro/cons for either of these neck styles on this type of piece I would appreciate your input.

10. Natty splash for the win. Honestly there's not that much of a difference, so since it has a sicker worked section I would definitely get that one.

Plus I think the natty splash looks classier

11. first of all great choice picking a sovereignty. i own 2 v6 mini down-grids :hello:

at where im at i would say go with the natty just because I PERSONALLY want to add a natty to my collection. hits great with oils.

although youve already seen this video watch it again maybe itll help convince you towards one?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4MLkyQbgjU]Back to Back Dunks - YouTube[/ame]

even though the one on the left is a down grid, the right is a natty up.

i think you would be pleased with either. i think the natty is a couple inches taller. both are great heights.

its like choosing between two sons which is your favorite. they both are excellent pieces and would hit very much a like. i used to not like the natty from pictures but it grew on me and once i saw/hit one i definetly want to add one to the collection.safe to say youll be satisfied with either

12. #52 Capital, Jul 5, 2012
    Thanks cheech I'm usually a bit :smoke: while browsing videos, thanks for the reminder of this one, definitely worth a few more looks.

Yeah I think I am really leaning toward the natty because the working is getting the best of me and I really don't have a preference between the neck styles.

The natty has the gold label as well which I like and ties in nicely with the working.

13. i think you should definetly go with the one that has the work you like better. there both perfect rigs in my opinion :smoke:

14. I'm out of oil until my new batch finishes tomorrow night...

So here is what we are up to tonight:

Some local grown Trainwreck
    [​IMG]

A little salad I made for myself with some Trainwreck & sour d bubble hash and a scoop of kief.

[​IMG]

15. Closed the deal on the upgrid natty mini king. Went with the natty, the worked section is amazing. Has a bunch of incalmos like 7 or 8 and a really dope worked reti section. Will be shipping tomorrow :yummy:

16. cannot wait to see !

17. :eek:

Naaaasty glass... love it all. That sherlock is fkn beautiful... and so is your herb. :smoke:

Sub'd!

18. #58 Capital, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2012
    Alright GC,

Until the new Sov gets here, I will be trying to get this video thing down a little better.

Here is a little piece I hadn't posted yet but figured I should.

This is a local blown mini downgrid stemline, this thing hits pretty darn well. This is what I love to preach to people asking where to get a quality piece cheap. Check out your local scene, there are a lot of great up coming artists.

Makes for a great little oil rig

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYjjsB63RwI[/ame]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. I could get down with that cap, It is different. I am re locating soon, and hope to stumble into the local glass scene there. Your piece looks solid though! I bet he/she hooked up the price too!

20. More video practice

Here's some milk of the 7/13 with some of the new oil I made.
    Real faded :smoke:.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z92IG-VjQt0]IMG 0182- YouTube[/ame]