Capitol Hill's Official Position on Legalizing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by sum_gud_bud, May 11, 2010.

1. If you've read norml's latest blog, it's about the White House's Drug Control Strategy, and it makes me sick to my stomach how blatantly ignorant the statements are.

Right from the strategy itself:

"Legalizing drugs would increase accessibility and encourage promotion and acceptance of use. Diagnostic, laboratory, clinical, and epidemiological studies clearly indicate that marijuana use is associated with dependence, respiratory and mental illness, poor motor performance, and cognitive impairment, among other negative effects, and legalization would only exacerbate these problems."

What? Where are these diagnostic, laboratory, clinical and epidemiological studies coming from? No references?

sorry I just had to rant about how Obama has no balls.

2. and here i thought we would have our first black president not another tiger woods

3. So theyre worried about Legalizing drugs would increase accessibility and encourage promotion and acceptance of use. But Legalizing alcohol+tobacco would increase accessibility and encourage promotion and acceptance of use. so wut?

4. At first I thought this said Cypris Hill lol

5. I've been chanting Ron Paul for a few years now...

6. Ron Paul wouldn't do shit. He's a smart guy with great ideas but no Senate would ever support anything he would back.

As for this plan, just another example of dumb fucks being dumb fucks. Simple as that.

7. Fucking puppet.

8. No they aren't stupid, these guys don't want to lose money!! thats what its really all about because if MJ gets legalized BIG PHARMA is going to take a big blow, cant have that. Fuck the corporations and vote Ron Paul, he may not be able to do much but if enough people vote for him, we can.

9. I wonder how many of these politicians are just saying this to get the vote of the young people. Obama was obviously one of them.

10. Also know that marijuana legalization is still somewhat controversial for some people. It could be Obama is trying to keep voter support. Presidents don't touch controversial issues really until their second term when they don't have to worry about being reelected.

11. Obama sid he'd reform, which was bullshit on a lot of accounts, but as far as steps toward legalization, Ron Paul's taken a long term stance against the war on drugs, and he's probaby the most levelheaded politician out there honestly lol. As for COngress not backing anything progressing toward MJ reform, dude, we vote those douchebags in to... The power of the vote my man, we can change it.

12. It really makes no sense to me that we as average people can see what should be done yet the people with the power can't......Revolution anyone ...anyone??:poke:

13. See that's just the thing... Obama isn't gonna get a second term.

14. AMEN! I wish people actually KNEW what Obama stood for before voting him in. Instead they voted for him because MTV told them to.

15. Yeah keep supporting Obama or whatever puppet Republican you like. See how far that gets you.

Also guys if Obama helped with marijuana legalization, then his approval rating would sky rocket. I highly doubt that would happen though.

16. To be a politician you clearly have to have NO COMMON SENSE.

17. this is true

18. #18 ajilejay, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010
    Actually I would still vote Obama just off the basis of the alternative being McCain and the frightening thought that if he died Palin would be president. As far as presidents go I think he is not the best but not the worst and still a nice relief when compared to Bush. Is he overrated? Certainly but he was dealt a difficult hand and he has only been in office 2 years and he has spent the majority of his time cleaning up Bush's mess. I think most people are upset with him because they fell for his hype and it created unrealistic expectations. He really is not a bad president he is just average.

In short
    I would rather have a president that has done anything,
    rather than a president that has fucked up everything.

19. he is actually only half black...just like tiger woods

20. just another fucking suit.