Cape Cod outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by tokingbuffalo, May 13, 2007.

1. ok, today, i planted about 20 seeds randomly in this like 8 acre patch of woodland on cape cod. The spot is nowhere where people would be in their normal, day to day travels, and the people who own the land are summer residents and never actually go on their woodlot, only to their houses on the edge of the dunes. by the time anybody is within sa there will be no chance of them being seen or smelt. i trust that the pine and oak shrubbury will conceal their identity. so i have taken the liberty of randomly seeding part of the woods with bagseeds. The soil is acidic, sandy, nutrient poor garbage but theres an aquifer just under the first foot or so of topsoil, so they'l have plenty of water. Now, i have a cottage here and i cant monitor my plants contantly, since im not here much at all, but next time i come here iplan on giving them a light feeding and a good soaking. The plants will be growing in rather undesireable conditions, so the results will be decent mids at best, but i'll do my best to kill off the males so at least i can get some good seedless mids. Either way it will be better than the local schwag, which is, to saw the least, BULLSHIT, and overpriced. Anybody else had success growing weed in the woods, or on cape cod?

2. Since the soil is crap, maybe wait till they've grown a bit, then transplant them into holes that are filled with nice soil? :p

3. Did you plant the seeds directly into the native soil? You're going to need some kind of protection for the young seedlings that sprout because there are a variety of critters/bugs that would enjoy eating them (especially this early in the season). Try and check on them as much as possible. It's hard keeping young seedlings alive in the wild.

4. yes, theyre directly in the native soil, except, i dug small holes and mixed all the soil and rotted leaves and bark andshit then backfilled the holes, planted a seed and dumped water on top. no ferts or anything yet. I plan on checking on them whenever its possable but with work and school its gonna be hard to check often. Maybe every other weekend at most. the good news is that there are no animals in these woods, except small birds and the occasional squirrel.Also, I've germinated seeds in the native soil back home which is no better quality and they are growing slow, but strong and unscathed by bugs. since this area is close (within 1000 yards) to salt water, the bugs arent bad at all i guess they dnt like salt. I'll check back on them tomorrow and i'll post a pic of the general area. peace n thanks for the replies.

5. Im just commenting on the fact that you think we get schwag here on cape cod. Ill take some pics of the nugs I get on the regular to see if that is what you are calling schwag.

6. I used to vacation up in cape cod, well yarmouth area to be exact. I really like it up there.

Nehow, native soil is probably not primed very well for you to grow quality cannabis, assuming any survive. At the least you want to mix in some perlite for drainage, and some organic soil, guano, castings , manure or something....

Otherwise you'll need to supplement w/ nutrients. Best of luck.