Can't view my thread on Android GC Forum App....?

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by HaoleToke719, Jan 9, 2013.

1. #1 HaoleToke719, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    Hello! I've got a weird issue that just started happening today. I can view EVERY other page (tried a whole bunch), but whenever I try to load MY thread (http://forum.grasscity.com/stash-jar/1134790-haoletoke719s-colorado-legalization-stash-thread.html) it doesn't want to load and gives me this error message: "Error: The remote server sent an unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated or having a conflict."

This only started happening today on my phone using the GC Forum App. I was able to load the page before today. I can also load my thread just fine from another computer or on the actual browser on my phone, but not on the GC forum app. It's so weird! Anyone having this issue? I've already tried uninstalling the app and re-installing, but that did not work either.

2. #2 Lizard King, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
    Just checked and loading correct on iPhone and iPad fo me

Also it maybe wis to check your forum posting setting , if you are using remote thumb nailer try disabling that.

Attached Files:

3. Yeah it was loading correctly on everything else BUT my phone lol. I fixed it though.

Not sure exactly what it was, but I went to application manager in my phone and hit Clear Data, Clear Cache then Force Stop and restarted the app and that fixed it.

4. #4 HaoleToke719, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
    Having this issue AGAIN and the above is not fixing it this time. No clue what it could be....

I can literally view EVERY other thread on the site, EXCEPT my thread. So fuckin weird...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using GC Forum

5. This is what I get.

ForumRunner_20130114_175755.png

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using GC Forum

6. Ugh this is so stupid. Does the maker of the app not read these forums? There should be no reason that ONLY the thread that I created is not loading properly. It doesn't contain anything out of the ordinary or anything that would cause it to not load, so I have no idea why. I can load EVERY other thread/post just fine.

7. Did you try disabling remote thumbnailer like gnik suggested?

And no, ForumRunner doesn't check up on GC's issues haha. It's an issue with your phone anyway, not the app. If it was the app, other people would experience the same issue.

8. try uninstalling the app then reinstalling.

9. Yes I tried that. Not working.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using GC Forum App

10. #10 HaoleToke719, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    Tried that too. They need to switch to Tapatalk.

11. Do you have anyone on your ignore list? The app has problems opening a thread that they've posted in...

12. Holy shit that's the answer I needed. Thank you. +Rep! :smoke:

13. his shit is happening to me haha I hate using the browser on my phone