Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can't "trip" on weed anymore?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ZnOT, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Hey guys, so I hadn't smoked weed for about 1 month and a half or so (and prior to that I only smoked like once a week or twice a month), and this Thursday I smoked off my vape 2 times, the first one was in the morning 1h after waking up or so, definately got high, but not much, I hitted the vape 5-8 times spacing them.

Later that day at 8pm I decided to hit it with a friend again and I literally hitted it 8 times but this time not spacing them (usually when I smoke weed 4 hits got me high), and felt absolutely nothing apart from a slight body high that lasted for less than 15 minutes.

The problem is weed doesn't affect me as much as it did, and never affected me the same way it did the first time.

The first time I was on weed it felt extremely trippy (and it was a "bad" trip), but I've never managed to feel like that again.

Funny thing is that first time I smoked shitty weed and 4-6 hits got me like tripping, I've smoked much better weed hitting the joint a lot more (or now, the vape) but never got even close.

Any ideas? How can I trip again?

2. Edibles tend to be 5x the strength of the high for the same amount of cannabis as smoked.
    The liver changes Delta 9 THC to Hydroxy 11 and that's many times more powerful.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

1 should launch you way over the line into the scary zone.
    BNW

3. Yeah I know that the only problem with that is that I try to control my heart rate because I have a heart condition and I don't know how I would handle edibles as they're a single dose and they last much longer (which probably means more stress for the heart).

Also I don't wanna get to that scary zone, but get to the point that I get some visual distortion (reality distortion) and time distortion.

What I mean about time distortion is not the usual "I think it's been ten minutes, fuck it's only been two minutes", I mean seeing things faster or slower (it happened me the first time, is like things were speeding up and slowing down, so interesting).

4. How old are you bro?

5. I've got hypertension so I check my blood pressure daily sometimes twice a day when I think about it.
    Used cannabis to keep my BP in check for a few years but they finally put me on a low dose med for better control.
    Shouldn't really change your heart rate much unless you get freaked and hyperventilate or such.
    Doesn't change mine at all no matter how whacked I get. Low and slow on me below 60 BPM most of the time
    What I do for new users is make up a bunch of 1 drop capsules and you take an additional drop after 90 minutes has elapsed.
    Takes most of a day to find your ideal happy place but it's the safer, less stressful method as to much to fast is just miserable for hours while it wears off.
    BNW

6. I'm 18

• Like Like x 1
  7. I do not have hypertension, I've had heart surgery (valve replacement), I'm also on blood pressure meds though to get it down even further but mine is fine.

However when smoking or vaping my heart rate can go up to 150bpm (seated, not moving).
    That's why I keep track of it while I'm smoking so it doesn't get any higher than 120bpm or so, I can control it while smoking or vaping but I'm not so sure I could with an edible.