Can't stand when people impose on plans.

Discussion in 'General' started by Swarley, Jun 29, 2011.

1. So I'm about to go out with my friends and we're going to go out for a bit. This other guy who I used to be friends with text's me asking if he can come along. I don't talk to him ever, don't return texts, we never hang out together unless someone independently randomly has people over and we're both there. Why do people impose on other's plans like this I see it happen all the time? If I wanted to hang out with you I would have asked you. Sorry If I seem rude about it but I just don't get it.

2. OH MY FUCKING GOD. I know this kid who is EXACTLY like that. He asks to come places with us, but he pretty much knows we dislike him (but keep it civil) and we'd just feel horrible to say no, so we let him come along.

Next time, I'm gonna tell him to fuck the fuck off.

3. How did he find out? Just tell him no, theres not enuf room in the car or sumfin similar

4. I know what you mean, but you're being a douche in this situation. Instead of telling him you don't like him, you just ignore him. He probably thinks you guys are still friends, and he wants to chill because he hasn't seen you in a while.

5. No that's the thing, we had a falling out and are not friends now. We live in the same town and if he thinks we're friends then I have no idea why. If anything he thinks that everything's just ok because time passed but he's never tried to say anything to apologize or fix it which isn't alright with me.

6. Ah, alright nevermind then. Yeah that would make sense, just come clean to him, you can't keep ignoring him forever.

7. Why not just let him come along? If you had beef a long time ago, things might be different now.

8. Just a lot has happened and I have a lot of people that I'm happy to have in my life and this isn't high school anymore. We're both adults and I'm a huge believer in forgiveness and I have gotten over our beef but I also believe that sometimes people have to leave your lives. I just hope someone gets what I mean. I really appreciate the advice you guys give about being straightforward with it though and that's what I'll do.