Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can't sleep without Weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Xolomilco, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Don't eat supplements because you're having issues with sleeping a few times. That's fucked up.

It's normal for the sober brain to be more active during sleep the first few days after a long periods of being constantly high. Wait it out, exercise, eat well (yada yada yada). :p

2. Yeah I wouldn't take melatonin. Maybe for a week or so but don't do it for an extended period of time.

3. Soft music.

4. If you can cut down to a tiny bowl before bed, that'll be almost as good as a T break, but give you a little something to look forward to and get you snoozing every night. If you have vaped weed, that's even better - most of the THC is already gone, and smoking that stuff always gives me a heavy body buzz that knocks me out at night.

I've been baked 24/7 for a few months now... I really need to cut down to a bowl a night like I suggested, but no way I'm stopping :smoking:

5. I would go buy that new vicks non habbit forming sleeping medicine. It helped me a lot when i did the same thing.

6. This always cures my problem.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNqERBWaJeM]Fall Asleep Fast! 10 Hours of White Noise. Increase focus, soothe a baby, meditate - YouTube[/ame]

7. same here lol

8. I can't even go to sleep after after weed, I guess I'm having too much fun lol.

9. Melatonin is an all natural chemical in your brain, it's thought to regulate the sleep cycle. I've used it and it works for me, when used regularly for a few days it makes you drowsy at the same time. People use it for jet lag, the spring forward time change, stress. It's not supposed to be used long term, just until you're sleep cycle is regulated.

10. #30 Iziba, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
    I want proof of this, because this is NOT my case at all. I always wake up feeling like a new born baby.

One of the biggest pulls for marijuana is that it helps with insomnia...don't think they'd be playing that science card if it messed with your sleep stages lol. Your psych teacher probably has no clue.

11. Just use a one hitter for one small hit.
    Taper down slower than just stopping.

12. yep i go thru hell if i dont smoke past 11pm (i usually go to sleep between 3-6am).. will usually wake up in late afternoon with cold sweats and a fuck the world attitude lol

13. This is a really hard thing to get over and you dont even want to start with it, If you need bud to sleep everynight ur gonna be mad and have no sleep cuz you got no bud, Break the habbit and never start with it again, it's deffinitely something you dont want.

14. Bust out couple hundred pushups before bed, always knocks me out. Or try some tea with kava or Valerian in it, helps aid sleep.

15. Someone already said melatonin. The fact is that you need to function in the morning. Get your full 8 hours of sleep with melatonin. Dont drink coffee. Dont watch tv before sleep

meditation works too. Calms your brain nicely

16. Man the one night I was without weed since I started I lied in bed from 2-8 than went for a bike ride till 11 to come home and pass out. Funnily enough I had so much energy I went way farther than I normally would sober back when I did bike and loved it.

17. Yeah, I'm in the same boat, even if I smoke during the day I can sleep that night but if I go for a long time sans weed I can never sleep, and sleeping pills are expensive, although a decent thing to do when I'm on a t-break or something is sleeptime tea, it sound gay as shit but it knocks me out for cheap so w/e

18. Turn off all electronics at least an hour before you go to bed. The screens from TVs and computers emit "blue light", which disrupts normal brain activity when you're trying to sleep.

19. what i do now is that every other night or so i don't smoke past 8 and go to sleep sober.

20. I find that it helps me sleep sometimes, but either way I fall asleep just fine. I'm a believer that if you can't fall asleep you're just not tired/sleepy enough.