Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cant sleep.... NEED POT

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Aznleroy, Jun 15, 2011.

1. #1 Aznleroy, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    I stopped smoking pot because i need to straighten shit out in my personnal life but now i cant seem to sleep normally anymore... Any suggestions on how to sleep "Normally"?

The first night i tried sleeping normally i dreamed of smoking a FAT ass blunt by myself... I was high in dreamland!

2. Man i did that for finals week and it hurt me more then it helped me, after 2 nights of rolling in bed i picked up again and just started smokin a little before going to bed. Weaning it off is key. Instead of smokin all day every day just smoke a lil before you go to bed, then after a week quit doin that and it will be a lot easyer to sleep i bet. Good luck brutha

3. I had the same problem recently. It sucks. I found I was staying awake until like 4 am waiting to get tired. I went to the doctor and he said it's a phase and will pass. I say bullshit to that, weed actually works. My problem is I'm on a forced 6 month t-break due to a job situation (which also blows). I guess I'm just sympathizing with you cause I got the same issue. Stay strong man.

4. I had this problem last time I took a break. I would lay in bed for hours and nothing would happen, so incredibly frustrating. The best thing to do is try and relax (take a shower, drink some tea) and either stay up until you get tired or just lay in bed until you can fall asleep. Sometimes I take unisom (otc sleeping aid) but I find it somewhat of contradiction to combat drug withdrawal symptoms with other drugs.

Hope you get some sleep man!

5. Then get some man.

6. Thanks for the support guys

7. Masterbate or just get a girl to help you out either one will work

8. Yeah you're sleep patterns can be altered after smoking marijuana. It goes away after a few days don't worry.

9. Try melatonin. Or get more exercise. Or sex. Sexercise.

10. #10 Aznleroy, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Nah man i gotta quit due to job and family reasons... I cant give in anymore. Already sold my bowl and gave away my last bit of weed. I cant center my life around pot. Weed is a luxury... WTF am i rambling about? Nvm im just gonna try to sleep now thanks guys

11. ^respect. its hard to quit anything cold turkey, much less marijuana. props to you for recognizing your prioities and acting accordingly.

concerning your sleeping issues, try melatonin. it comes in a variety of amounts, but im around 6 foot 1, 175 pounds, and i take ~4 or 5 grams a night to fall asleep. make sure you take it like 30-45 mins before you plan on passing out, but it really does work.

12. The problem with melatonin is that one can become dependent on it also. Chemicals man.

13. I thought melatonin was completely natural and what your body builds up in order to get tired or something like that?

Best thing to do like someone else said would be to work outa few hours before you want to sleep. I am talking about till your shirt is drenched in sweat work out. Will put you to sleep like an hour or two after your finished. After that for a couple or few days and u should be good to sleep without pot. That's what I do.

14. Damnnn I got finals right now. I haven't smoked in a week and I can't fall asleep without smokin now. Benadryl works wonders though! I pop two of those before bed and I'm out. When your done dealin with your shit, light up a j and the high will feel so good

15. I used to smoke every night in bed before I go to sleep, now I don't because I noticed I got quite dependent on it. Took 2 days of sober sleeping to loose the dependency though :p

16. melatonin is naturally produced by the brain when you're in darkness.. it is natural.

I pop melatonin to help me get sleep too and was going to recommend it here. some nights I need to take two.. some nights just one... but beware lolz.. it definitely helps when you're sleep. hard as fuck to get up sometimes because that sleep becomes really well

I've been having the same issue lately but there are a lot of things you can do to help get to sleep. google sleep stretches (these help your body relax and get prepared for sleep)
    secondly - make sure when you're trying to sleep your room is as dark as it possibly can be.... you sleep better in the darkest of dark areas... try that

or you can just rely on the masturbation / extreme workout / and pot.. for the rest of your life :rolleyes:

I've been saving my last clip for a while now... i want it sooo bad lolz