Can't sleep.... Advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by SoothingSynesthesia, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Well I can't really sleep and when I do I wake up feeling really tired unless I sleep for 10 hours or so. I have been sober for a week or two and I don't think that is the reason because I only smoked 4 times or so before the break(I smoked more than 4 times all together but that was a month prior). I have had sleeping problems before I even started smoking. Smoking does help me fall asleep and I feel full of energy after 7 or 8 hours of sleep which I don't know why. I guess it just helps me get deep sleep. Now you would say "then just keep smoking" and I would like to but the break is for a job.

I have been exercising which is nice and all but doesn't really help. I guess I should increase the intensity until I am dead ass tired? I drink mainly water as well so no soda/caffeine, at least not at night. I am also thinking of switching up my diet as well, which probably will make a difference. I know I am just ranting and you guys aren't doctors but doctors just say the same thing I mentioned "diet and exercise". They haven't actually found a real problem.

The main reason a posted this to keep it somewhat relevant and worth typing is I wanted to know if any of you have had sleeping problems like this. I know all of us had that night of no sleep but this is on going. If you had these problems, how did you fix it or at least aid it? A lot of exercise? Diet change? Any supplements? Smoking would help A LOT but again, I am cleaning up for a job and I want to pin point the problem and not depend on smoking.

Thanks for reading! :D

2. I would love to but can't :( Well I could but I won't.....until I get the job!!!!! :eek:

3. I admire ur dedication....thats what I'm going to have to do starting this saturday when i get back home to my weed and also unfortunately to job applications......god dammit its gonna be so tough seeing that its still summer and i can't toke till I'm hired

4. It's all that more satisfying though when you finally can smoke though. I just think of it as a reward plus lower tolerance! Although recently I haven't really had a tolerance because it was a couple times a month thing. Also good luck to you and your job apps!!!!

5. Unisom my friend

6. What does your sleep scheduled typically look like. When do you wake up, when do you go to bed, when do you actually fall asleep.

Personally, if I can't sleep I meditate.

7. I use melatonin and I just saw a commercial for zzzquil, I need to get that shit.

8. Don't fry your brain by being on the computer until you try and sleep.

9. Watch something incredibly boring on netflix lol