Can't Seem to Put on Weight

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Taylored, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Skip the cardio, that's just burning calories that could be helping you gain weight. Add in more effective exercises like squats, deadlifts, rows, pullups, and dips.

2. Getting on a real workout routine would probably help a bunch...

Whey protein, creatine monohydrate, they'll both help you gain weight.

3. This ^^ cardio is great, but if your trying to put on weight it's best to save your cardio for when your at your target weight. Usually people put on a bit of fat when they gain lots of muscle, so doing the cardio later will help cut this down.

Brandon's also dead on about doing more effective lifts. Anyone trying to gain muscle should remember the Holy Trinity. Squat, Bench, Deadlift.:D

4. Well to lose weight they say -500 from your daily calories
    So I'd assume +500 would help you gain weight
    1lb is what 3500 calories?
    My friend is taking protein to gain weight

5. Honestly, I would drop that whole routine and pick up one that is designed by someone who knows what they are doing. 5x5 is a great start if you want to gain mass.

6. You need to increase caloric intake. Generally it is easiest to add calories via liquid. A gallon of milk a day is awesome (I prefer 2%>whole, but whole is more calorie dense). Protein shakes/any high calorie drink can help. Try to eat a snack immediately before bed. Something high in fat at this time is ideal, such as peanut butter or cottage cheese, and wash it down with all the milk you can.

A simple and high calorie shake I make several times a day is just some protein powder, milk, ice cream, and peanut butter. Adding a few of those to your usual meals is not difficult and will add plenty of calories. Additional calories over time should cause your appetite to increase.

7. ^Or you can kill a cow and eat copious amounts of its delicious flesh

8. If your like me it is near impossible(I lost it again due to loss of money but anyway) I am 50 kilos.

Start working out and eating a shitload, Food alone does not make some people fat. I put on 15 kilos in 1 month while keeping a 4 pack so it was not body fat.

9. I personally enjoy Canada x 420's solution, hence the name.

10. [quote name='"Cow killer"']I personally enjoy Canada x 420's solution, hence the name.[/quote]

Put on weight from the munchies? ^__^