Cant See Names In Thread Replies

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by garrison68, May 23, 2013.

1. #1 garrison68, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    I don't see member names in the threads unless I hover my mouse pointer over the avatar.  Is there a setting I'm missing, or something I'm not doing correctly?  Thank you.

2. #2 Verdurous, May 23, 2013
    Do you have the same problem when you use a different browser?

This is what it should look like, with your username in the green bar above avatars:

[​IMG]

3. Highly possible related to the old technology browser you are using :)

4. Thank you, it's probably the browser, but I never had a problem like this before on other sites.  

5. What browser are you using and how does that section looks like ?
    Can you supply a screenshot please ?

6. #6 garrison68, May 23, 2013

I've been using IE 8.  the new format looked nothing like before - as I said, no names above the avatars, which were very small, and other problems.   I just logged in with Google Chrome and it's now much better with names, colors on the page, and larger avatars.  To do simple post edites on non-Chrome IE 8, I had to use full edit, but with Google Chrome this is not necessary.    

Sorry, I forgot how to do a screenshot but I'll try again later with (non-Chrome) IE8.

7. #7 Lizard King, May 23, 2013

Ie8 is not fully supported. It is an old technology and the usage percentage on Grasscity forum is pretty low. We decided not to have css bloated with old ie version support. Each other day they are disappearing from market more and more. 

And they really should , worst 3 browsers of the Internet History : Ie 6,7 and 8 combination.

Can you check editing now , it seems there is a conflict with server cache and cdn cache time. I just refreshed both caches , it should be working correct now.

8. #8 garrison68, May 23, 2013
    I will post this using non-Chrome IE 8, and as before attempt to edit it with regular edit.

Edit: It didn't work until I went to full edit. 

Edit #2 - With IE 8 and Google Chrome, regular edit worked.