Cant recover gamer tag on new xbox

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by wowee123, Dec 26, 2010.

1. So for Christmas I got the new xbox with kinect, its great. My old xbox got 4 rings and I didn't bother fixing it because it was so old and had so many other problems. So whenever I try to recover my gamertag on my new console, I login and right away it says "xbox live signup is unavailable". And whenever I try to login on the website it says "Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system." And in the top right corner where it should say my account it says Sign out and Loading... Almost like im singed in but not.

Xbox support page has nothing, they say that my account is probably expired but no i got a fresh 12 month renewal. Google is giving me nothing accept going to my old xbox and transferring the data, but its dead so I cant.

2. Are you sure your xbox is actually connected to the internet? Try the "test xbox live connection" under network settings in the options and if it doesn't work fiddle around in the options until you've found your connection.

You can also still transfer you're old hard drive over with a transfer kit.

3. are you sure you're using the right email to login? I forgot I used my older email to sign up for xbl and tried using my current one, and had the same problem you have right now

4. Yea lol that was exactly what happened. Even though I had switched emails on my account it still wanted my old old one. Noticed that this morning and was so happy.