Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can't quit smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WeaveAndWish, Mar 29, 2013.

1. #1 WeaveAndWish, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    Hey guys, I recently got a quarter of some pretty good weed. And I had PLANNED on only smoking a tiny bit, then going on a tolerence break (2 weeks) to make the bud last longer. Because I've not been feeling nearly high enough. The only problem is, I couldn't quit. Every night I would say "okay, this is the last time, then I'm done for 2 weeks" but it never was the last time.

So Now I've ended up smoking 2 big buds, equaling about half the original weight. So now I have only about a little under an eighth left. And I'm pissed at myself. But I at least want to make this last eighth go a little longer and I want to be able to do this.

My problem isn't from some physical addiction (obviously) but it's just...every night I sit down and I'm like, "getting high would be really fun for this" and I do it. Cause every night I'm bored. How should I go about forcing myself to not smoke more?

And the worst part of it all, is that I smoked all that with minimal effects. Because of my tolerence. So I pretty much wasted it all :/

2. I've been in a similar situation. You just have to remember how it feels to take a rip and be blasted.

Even if you can't hold off for 2 weeks, stop smoking weed for tonight, get a good sleep and a good breakfast, and try to hold off as long as you can tomorrow.

Even if you have a busy day tomorrow and manage to hold off until tomorrow night, 24 hours should be enough to bring back the nice "kick" that the first rip should be giving you.

3. I find it easier to quit when you dont have weed in the house, have a friend hold it for 2 weeks .

4. ^Very true. It's always easy to justify a small bowl when you have an eighth on you.

Like I said before, you need to remember what it's like to take that one rip and be so high. Going to bed stoned, waking up half stoned and smoking a wake and bake just KILLS your tolerance.

It sounds like you are to the point where you don't get "high" but just smoke to maintain that hazy stoned feeling.

Even if you can only make it a day or two, I promise it will make a difference. I've noticed that even after heavy daily smoking, a few days of healthy eating, a fair amount of exercising, and some anticipation, would get me back to a fairly decent tolerance.

2 weeks isn't too far fetched. You just need to be careful how you plan your days. You said you wan't to take a rip every evening because your bored. You need something to do in the evenings.

You could get invested in a really big novel (if your a reader) or find a new thing to research or learn about. You could try downloading a new video game to take your mind off things.

Even just chatting to a friend on FB or something can get your mind off it.

Like Purple Cheese said, a good TV series can get you sucked in pretty good.

Anything that you don't normally do would be a great addition to your daily routine, switch things up a little.

5. haha, the funny thing is, all those suggested are what I do on average. Those things actually make me WANT to get high. I watch series on netflix all the time, and my first thought is "I should be high for this show"

Same with games, I actually have downloaded like 20 games in the past few weeks. Because I got a nice gaming computer now, but I can't even get into an hour of each (They are highly rated games) without getting bored. So I smoke some, and it's fun again. This applies to reading as well. Everything I do, I like to be high.

And you are 100% right. I don't really get high, I just get that hazy stoned feeling. But it does enough to make whatever I'm doing seem a little more interesting.

6. I actually had wanted to start exercising in order to get my mind off smoking, but I hurt both my heels and they've been healing and are just now at the point of not hurting to walk on.

7. mah friends left me :(

8. No, fuck et.

9. sounds like maybe you should man up if you want a break, instead of justifying everything you do as "having to be high to seem interesting" because ppl are giving solid suggestions.

If your at that point where you feel you need weed to have fun and not be bored, evaluate weed smoking and life.

And if your bored all the time, its because your a boring person. change it up, just maybe your daily routine, you'll feel loads better when change is accepted.

Fun people with good outlooks, rarely get bored, there too caught up living in the moment. SOO MUCH IS ALWAYS HAPPENING! all over the world, check the internet, lol

/rant?:cool:

EDIT: you can always refer to my sig for an idea! :)

10. Nah man, you misunderstand. I accept they're solid suggestions. But you don't know my life setup right now. I'm really not a boring person, actually I'm the guy when I'm out that tries to do the outgoing fun stuff. But I live in a rural area, out in the country. So when I'm home, in the winter, there's not much to be done. So I sit and play games, watch Netflix (IE: the things suggested) and i've done them a lot, so weed makes it more interesting.

I don't care how good your outlook is. If you're stuck at a house in the winter, for a long time. You'll eventually stop seeing things as fun. I don't care what you say.

When I'm running around, I usually DON'T get bored. I actually DO skate already and when I'm skating I have NO desire to smoke at all. But I'm not out all the time, more often than not I'm home. Not by my choice, I just don't have many out going friends as of right now.

You're looking at it like I live in the city or somewhere big and at any time I can be out doing some fun shit with friends. It's not like that man.

11. I feel you man. I live 15km out of town in a really rural area. The winter blues do get me down as well, I've been burning through more than lately. It's hard when you can't make plans and get out of the house everyday, due to living away from everyone else.

Sounds like your a pretty active guy in the summer, you need to transition that to the winter. I bought a pair of snowshoes last winter for $120, bet shit ever! I can go walk through the bush, I made a nice trail for me and my parents to walk on with the dog.

I'm a crazy fuck who mountain bikes all year round. Sometimes I'll head out at 2am for a quick ride, just because I can't sleep. Sure it sucks with a bunch of snow on the ground and cold weather, but it is some nice chill time. THAT'S when I would try to do my blazing.

Getting outside in the cold would almost be the goal, and when I got to that goal I would blaze a bowl. Have you ever thought of getting something going outside so you can blaze? Maybe take a walk 10~ minutes down the road listening to music or some shit, than blaze up on the way back?

At least it will eat up more time, and put some meaning into your sessions.

12. I feel it as well, my friends all live 45 miles away (college) and I'm usually stuck at home browsing GC, and get bored super easily. I would try finding a really time consuming hobby that requires attention, like building a ship in a bottle :D

13. Don't take out cash unless you absolutely need it. If you pay for everything with a card you won't have cash on hand to pick up. You sound exactly like me. You have to create some physical and mental barriers since you are compulsive with weed. Possibly tell your dealer to not answer your texts for a week

14. I feel exactly what your saying.
    Whatever you do in the house wether it be netflix, gaming, music or social feeds is better when high and so doing them to take your mind off of smoking isn't the best thing as it makes you want to smoke.

The only thing I can think of is try something that may not be better to do when high (im trying to think of am example) or theres the hard yet simple way --
    Just be mentally strong and remember what its like to be a noob and get high.
    When you take breaks and get high it will be better guaranteed, it isn't a maybe it will be better its a definite so keep that in mind when trying to do a break.

Space your breaks out - maybe have a 24hr break, then 48hr then have a few days blasting then perhaps have a few days off.

15. Bumppp same here

16. Excersise when you want to get high

Only you can finish th