Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can't get weed smell out of my car, tried ozium.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by assymcgee420, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Me and a friend smoked a joint and hotboxed my car yesterday and i used about 5 quick sprays of ozium around my car. The next morning, it still reeked of weed. I drove home going 60 mph with all windows down, sprayed another 2 or 3 sprays of ozium, and my car still reeks of weed now. My seats are cloth, which is probably the reason my car smells but im wondering if any other sprays work, because ozium didnt work too well.

2. leave windows open

3. I have this same problem, although I never smoke weed in my car while driving, but since i cannot smoke in the house and it has been cold/snowing out i sit out in my car put some atmosphere or dtd on and blaze.

I've been smoking a white variety (they called it widow but all i know is that it is a potent white) and it is very strong.

I have leather so at least i have some pretty good cleaner to pull smells out of that but the car itself still reeks of herb no mattter how many days i go without smoking inside of it. Kinda a new issue to me because i have always just smoked at home but now that i cant due to roommate crap yea..

I just drive around with a bottle of meguiars odor nueutralizer and spray it throughout the day. Seems to work well enough but like you I'm looking for a stronger neutralizer.

4. it should go away with time. atleast it always does in my car, takes a few days, though. leave the windows down for a while.

5. Spray febreze/ozium right after smoking. If you have cloth seats you should spray the seats themselves. WHen I had cloth seats i found that leaving all the windows cracked overnight made a HUGE difference

6. hotboxing is useless and then you have to deal with situations like this...

7. When my car got a little funky like that I just took it to a car wash and got it detailed. They cleaned and vacuumed it real good and sprayed a scent of my choice, I chose strawberries. Worked great and cost me like 20 bucks. Now I keep a store bought air freshener in there and when people get in they comment on how good it smells in my car. Good luck, hope it helps. :smoke:

8. I just want to mention I do not hotbox my car :p

Also, why does it seem the odors are more pervasive in the winter months, during the summer it seems it was easy to keep my car clean, course i guess my windows were down more but even household wise it just seems like smells stick around longer during the winter.

9. #9 Pyroxide, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    I already know what your issue is.
    Well there's two, but I'll cover the most likely first.

You most likely had your air-con/heat on or the fan, whichever one of those were like on either while you were dutching or soon after. What happens is the smell gets in the vents and the air filters in the ducts.
    Really though it's simple enough to fix, take off the covers on your air outlets and put smell pellets on the inside, anything with a distinct constant smell will work.
    Best bet if you can't find pellets is heading to one of those natural earthen hippy type stores that sell incense and the like. What you'll be looking for is little cloth sacks filled with leaves and incense that smell nice and using some strong string. tie one end to the inside of the grill and the other to bag and lower it a little into the duct not too far or into the fan.
    Do this on all the outlets, just run your aircon as much as possible and it will get it out soon enough, the bags look like this.
    [​IMG]

Either that or it's the upholstery, if you have leather it's much easier just use a leather cleaner. Otherwise you're going to need carpet foam, it's the same stuff use for removing dog dropping smells from the carpet. you're going to need to cover all your seats with the reccomended dose and then vacuum it out.

Though if you do both of those you'll have a very nice smelling car and pretty much a guarantee of a fresh smell. It's hard work, but if you don't like the smell of bud in your car it's not worth the cleanup.

Oh and
    Unless you're in a humid area, winter tends to keep moisture locked into the fabrics in your car more so than summer as it takes longer to evaporate and dry. When things are moist they are far more likely to absorb odors and keep them there. Wet dog for instance. It's the same concept.

10. I blame your car, lol. I bake out my car all the time and it never lasts more than a few hours...even if I don't do a decent de-bake.

11. What is it? Plastic? lol

I drive a Volvo, leather this leather that, suede inserts here suede stitching there, frigging premium cabin filters and all kinds of useless shit lol Then again, I swear Ill never own a car without heated seats, dual climate control, heated mirrors or headlight wipers ever again.

Headlight wipers kick ass in the snow!

12. 1) don't smoke in the car w/ the a/c on recirculate.

2) once finished smoking, put that shit on recirculate and spray your air freshener into it so it circles through coating the inside of the a/c ducts.

3) never let the car fill up w/ smoke. hit the pipe/joint/blunt w/ windows up to avoid wind, then crack the window and exhale out of it so the smoke doesn't have time to stagnate. Flush the car between hits.

If that stuff doesn't work then i want some of what you're smoking, because it must be the funkest I've ever seen.

13. Ohhhh, i've been wondering why my room has been smelling a bit more then usual. Any advice on how to release that moisture from my fabrics? heating up/down etc? It's been really noticeable recently.. thanks.

14. LOL no it's not a plastic car.

I think a lot of it has to do with the headliner. Newer cars usually use a molded headliner with a thin polyester type fabric wheras older cars have very soft foam and fabric covered headliners that can better hold the smell.

15. #15 Pyroxide, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    There are carpet cleaners, generally powders you spread on your carpet and vacuum up and all that sort of thing. But short of putting plastic all over the fabric in your room then there isn't much to be done.
    What I do suggest is that if the smell you're talking about it from pot is using a sploof. When I first saw them I thought they were childish and silly but now I swear by them for indoor smoking.
    I'll post a link to one of my guides that has them in there.

Here's the link http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/642199-apprentice-toker-make-yourself.html
    It also has other bits and tips for smoking if it interests you. But check out stealth smoking and a bump on the guide would be appreciated :)

16. spray the seats and you'll be fine. trust me. also, dont use quick sprays of ozium, spray it like any other spray.

17. That's strange, Ozium has never failed me.

18. Yeah, i used to use sploofs. But they only seemed to work when i blew them out an open wondow.. otherwise i find it kinda just makes the smell linger.. and now with winter here, i hate opening windows ahaa. Thanks anyway man.

and for your car, i dunnoo about America but we have Oust in the UK. they sell one that is meant to cover up 'tobacco' smells.. yeah right.. that bad boy neutralises even the dankest smells in a matter of seconds, especially in a confined place like a car. You can also get an oust spray that you wash fabrics with, might be helpful for your seats.. you just spray on and leave. No wiping or hovering needed. :hello:

19. Less is more in some cases, not this one, get a 600 ml bottle, poke some pencil sized holes in the bottom and fill the puppy as much as you can without making it too tough to exhale through.

20. Alright man, i'll give it a go. I'll +rep you fo' sure if it works. I'm on a T-break atm though, untill i get the money for a new tube.

day 3 so far and it's just starting to get easier. :eek: