cant get this to hit right (help please)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Dab_King, Oct 3, 2014.

1. #1 Dab_King, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    Hey guys my names David. So I recently broke my phire and I just bought a new piece kind of on a whim when I saw it at a club. It was only 80 bucks and looked legit but I can't get this thing to hit right for the life of me. Hopefuly I'm just being stupid and not filling it up right or something but I'm wondering if it just isnt that great of a piece. Here is a picture:
    View attachment 6482
    So I'm hoping someone can tell me how much water to put in each part. When I hit it it feels like it is clogged and I've changed the water amounts so much sometimes I will get it hitting nice and then water will just move from one chamber to another and it wont rip anymore its getting so frustrating.
    Edit: I believe the blue thing is a frit disc? I've only hit a couple so maybe I'm just not used to the pull

2. take a pic of that top perc from the top down so we can see it.  it seems like a weird design.  In a 2 chamber bong that has 2 percs the top perc needs to be able to hold water in it without the water dropping back down into the bottom chamber, there also needs to be a way for that top perc to drain back down if the water level gets too high.  I'm thinking some guy just made that without thinking about the design whatsoever.

3. To be honest, chances are you are already doing it right, you're just over thinking it. But, 80 bucks seems a bit steep to me. A few more pictures would help because the design of it is throwing me a bit off.

4. I cant take a picture of that top perc because there is a splash guard above it that is too small a hole to see through. The blue top perc is like a bunch of small rocks and makes tiny bubbles. The lower yellow part like has a hole in the bottom and then slots in the side. Shit is really tripping me out thanks for trying and helping haha. On one hand i feel like its working good enough cause im getting stoned still but I feel like im wasting some because I can smell dabs really strong in my room after and that usually only happens when i lose some

5. Sounds like you have a fritted disc that is clogged. Good luck with that- really shitty placement for that, if that's what it is.

6. It sounds like you have a fritted disc percent but I can't see the pic too well. I love them but I hear they clog really easily. Especially with oil. Make sure your water levels are just a hair above the slits in the first perc and just touching the frit. It may be clogged and need a good cleaning. Pour some ISO alcohol in there and shake it a lot. See if that works.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #7 Dab_King, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    Thanks guys. It has been doing this since I first got it and I havent taken that many dabs for it to be clogged. I guess it's just bad placement. Guess its time to try and resell it I doubt the club will take it back..
    One of my friends thinks thats just how stemless bongs hit they dont start bubbling immediately.
    There is just not enough air flow some of the wax just burns up when I touch it to the nail because the air flow isn't strong enough

8. no that's not how stemless bongs hit, you have more airflow in stemless due to less restriction from the downstem.  That's just not a good design.  I would avoid frit percs at any rate.  With oil you want less diffusion.  I used to have a goldstein for flower, but never really liked it compared to a good stemline, peyote pillar, toro double froth etc.  I will never buy something with a frit perc in it ever again.

9. That's a horrible picture man I can't tell what I'm seeing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Rocket Science! I use a 1 perc glass on acrylic. It pulls fine.

Ya this shit is just wack. Thanks everyone. I called the club and they said bring it in and they will see so hopefuly I can return it or maybe they will give me some free bud or something ha

12. stemless to butt plug looking perc to a fritted disc to splash guard....for dabs....too much going on there imo

13. Looks like an upstem to a fritted disk. Upstems are chuggy and fritted disks are pretty restricting so I imagine that's a hard pull.

14. Off brand percs always hit odd compared to the real thing so I'd imagine a china glass/cheaply made fritted disc would be horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum