Can't get these seeds to germinate

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by herbalist9, May 30, 2012.

1. Hey, I'm new to grass city and I'm starting to grow but Ican't get these seeds to germinate. I've got some bagseeds and I already started to germinate them but they haven't cracked yet. I boiled some water on the stove, then let it cool to distill it and i dipped my paper towel in it and squeezed it to get all the water out so it wasn't dripping but still moist, and then i folded it on a plate, put my 9 seeds in there, and then folded the towel over and put another plate on top. I then put the seeds on top of the fridge where its really dark and warm. they've been up there since 5/27 (two days ago) and still none of them have shown a taproot. When I checked on it today, the towel was dry, so i rewet it with spring water.

Anyway, I hope you guys can help me figure out what's wrong and how to get my seeds to germinate. Happy toking :smoke:

2. don't let the paper towel dry out. keep it wet, but not soaked. i do what you're doing, but i put the paper towel in a big ziplock bag blown full of air.

3. 2 days is not long for it not to pop. I bet they will pop either tomorow (3rd day) or day after (4th day)

4. agreed!!! at times, i've had to wait a good week.

5. #5 herbalist9, May 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
    Ok I added a spoonful of purified water into a plastic tuperware container and put the paper towel with the seeds in there and I put a cap on it so it's airtight. I put the tuperware with the seeds in a cabinet above my fridge where its very dark and kind of warm. should they pop by tomorrow or the next day, or was the plastic a bad idea?

6. I do pretty much the same. A little moist paper towel, seeds in them, in an airtight tuperware container, put that ontop of my computer tower and put a towel over it so its dark, works like a charm.
    Basically, the seeds will germ when they are ready, i know its tough waiting for them, but remember patience is key, and they will pop eventually. Maybe tomorow, maybe a week from now, you just cant ever know

7. Is it possible that the seeds are no longer viable if the paper towel dried out? I also tried this with 2 of the dark seeds before and I planted them even though there was no taproot and nothing happened for a week, so i took them out of the soil and put them in with the other seeds to germinate and try again. I have 9 seeds, so hopefully at least one will show a taproot soon. thanks for the help so far

8. Patients the hardest part of germinating seeds is to be patient and let them be

9. 5 of my seeds finally germed! thanks for all the help

10. congrats, i wish you all the best

11. Great to hear bro!! I'm new to the forum but have been growing for years. Personally I don't fuck with the whole glass of water, paper towel shit!

To much fucking with them and they take to long to pop. Just go to bunnings or any k-mart, big w ect and buy yourself some jiffys next time. I get mine for around $8 with a tray and lid. Just fill it with warm water and let the jiifys soak the water up and pop your seed in.

Then put in a dark warm place and leave it there for 24 hours. Then just put it out side somewhere and let nature do it's thing.

Works for me every time!!! But just remember sometimes you do get a batch of bad seed.

12. Don't stop writing here, it's addicting, the storm kind of knocked me off my horse, but I have done like 5 a day for the last week :D.

13. Get an aerogarden automatically pops and sprouts ;) 100% success rate for me