Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cant get keif out of grinder

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Deuro, Jul 20, 2012.

1. hey, i tried freezing and it doesnt do anything noticeable. i cant get the kief plastered all over my grinder. any other suggestions? i dont wanna scrape my grinder clean...

2. If you don't want to scrape the grinder, something I do when my grinder gets caked up is to rinse it through with 91% ISO. Just put your grinder in a small ceramic dish, open the top and pour the ISO in to fill it up. Rinse it through and let the ISO collect in the dish then let it evaporate (I just hold a blow dryer on low on it for maybe 10 minutes or let it evaporate on its own).

What remains after you let it completely evaporate should be your keif that's bit gooey if you heated it with the dryer. It won't be great QWISO in any way but it is still smokeable and your grinder should be squeaky clean.

3. Deuro, accumlating keif from a grinder is not a quick thing. it doesn't matter what you do to the bud-it will take a while to fill your keef compartment with keif, as grinders are not designed primarily for collecting keif, but for just grinding bud into smaller pieces. the keef screen of a grinder is just a side functionality. If you really want to get a lot of keif, then you need to use a keif screen. you can buy them online or in a head shop.

4. I do have a screen. its just that i cant get to whats stuck in it, plus the grinder itself is gunked up all to hell with compacted kief. i plan on trying out the iso trick.