Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can't get high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by johnnyboyf, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Hey guys I've smoke maybe 15-20 times and I'm still note getting the effect. I take a hit inhale and exhale, and maybe cough a little bit. Am I not doing it right? Whats the problem. I'm gonna smoke this weekend and I really want to feel it this time. Any suggestions? Am I doing it right? Any help is appreciated.

2. are you sure your taking the smoke into your lungs?

take bigger hits then. keep smoking till your high.

Buy better weed

3. You probably just aren't inhaling it right.
    And how long are you holding it in?\

Also what have you used to smoke?

4. hold in your hit for at least 5 seconds...any longer is just oxygen deprivation...holding in your hits should get you high

5. #5 Subliminal Jazz, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
    Well first off, what are you smoking out of?
    That's an important detail.

If any of your marijuana buddies have a bong hit that shit up...that HAS to get you fucked. That or some brownies.

6. #6 SovietRed, Jan 30, 2009
    What is the quality of the weed? What kind of piece are you using to get high? How many hits do you take?

After you take a hit, breathe in some more air to make sure you get it to your lungs.

7. A. Take a Tolerance break. Don't smoke for a couple weeks, then start smoking.

B. Your smoking the crappiest weed known to mankind. Buy some dank.

8. maybe its your weed cause i think youre having the same problem as my gurl did i bout 2 oz of some regs basically to cook with and smoked some with her (it being her first time) she kept saying she didnt feel anything so next week i went out and bout some purple kush and had her smoke a bowl than she could feel it and tell the difference know the gurl cant get enough her hits have tripled in 2 weeks lol sorry for ranting im stoned

9. the quality is good my friends brother has green card and we usually smoking out of a bubbler, I think the problem is I'm not smoking enough is it possible that I have a high tolerance?

10. when u inhale, inhale so ur chest goes out, and you shoulders move up, i was inhaling wrong my first couple of times. Plus, get better weed once, this way u get broken in. then go back to the cheap stuff for now =P

11. -as said.. after takeing a hit take a hit of regular air to get it to your lungs...
    -shwag?
    -what kinda piece are you using?
    -smoke a whole bowl to yourself so you know your getting enough to get you high... maybe your just not getting enough and by the time it gets passed through all your pals you only gettin a few hits.. idk your situation but give us some feedback:D

12. #12 SovietRed, Jan 30, 2009
    If you're taking fat bubbler rips then i don't know what the problem could be. But if you don't take enough of them that could be it. I don't know if weight could be a factor but i know it takes me more rips out of anything compared to all my buddies, it's always been like that since the beginning. It may be because i'm a bigger guy don't hold me to it.

Just take more hits and don't stop until you really really really feel it. And as said before smoke a bowl to yourself man it does wonders when you first start. I only smoke with a total of 4 people, tops so we all get our hits in

13. ok thanks man, big help

14. My question is how many hits are you taking? It doesn't seem to be mentioned except int he first post were you take a hit but you only mention one hit. It wasn't until I started smoking every day I could notice a head change on only one hit.

Try sitting down and keep toking until you feel it. and believe me you will. I think your simply not smoking enough.

15. when i first started i couldnt get high for a good 9-10 seshes, but then i just sort of toked up one day and got high

it was pretty fun
    you should try it

16. just relax. if you just started smoking it may take a few times. A lot of ppl say they don't get high at first.

but if you keep trying and it don't work then maybe its just not for you. just because your friends smoke doesn't mean you have to.

good luck.

17. I had this chick I was with one time that couldn't get high.. Most of those people who say "weed doesn't get me high" were just never really taught how to smoke correctly.

What I did was made a gravity bong for us to smoke with, so, I knew she'd hit it right.. Because... No hitting involved? xD And, after she inhaled some, I made her open her mouth and take a deep breath real fast.. Guaranteed to inhale that way..

So, my advice to you is to do the later.. After you take a hit off that shit.. Just open your mouth and take a deep breath really fast, and make sure not to let any of the smoke come out :p

And, smoking more never hurts ;) Hehe

18. i used to have the same problem once upon a time when i was a rookie. i wasnt inhaling it right so what someone told me to do was to swallow after i took the hit, and sometimes i would take a sip of water after inhaling it. the technique actually worked. also i would try a blunt if i were you. it was the easiest way to smoke for me as a beginner since it was something i was kinda familiar with.

19. Make sure you draw the smoke into your lungs. Some people leave it in their mouth.

Make sure the smoke doesn't go out through your nose (happened the first time i smoked so i didn't get high).

20. No.

When you have the smoke in your mouth pretend it isn't there and take a deep breath like the doctor asks you too.