Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can't get "high", something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NHL, Feb 17, 2009.

1. When I take a few days off and work out/sweat a lot (drink tons of water fyi) I usually get pretty stoned when I smoke again.

2. Thanks for the tips everyone; keep replying! Another question is would anyone recommend hash for stronger effects?

3. swallowing smoke makes my stomach feel like shit just inhale through the piece with your lungs then after your hit take a good inhale of fresh air and hold for 3-5 seconds not that hard to inhale right just practice and try getting better weed

4. Ya, you gotta chill out and relax and let it come

5. hold it in longer
    take bigger hits
    find out what type of shit you are msoking, cause i went from dank straight to mids it was so weird, i smoked so much mids and i felt sober, i finally was like fuck it and rolled a huge ass blunt and i smoked that shit and i got stoned like a mother fucker, so yea just smoke more lol

6. You need better weed , man. :D There's no reason a human cant get high.

If you haven't smoked cigarettes before, here's an inhalation tip:

Breath out completely, empty the lungs. Suck some smoke into your mouth as if you are sucking through a straw with your tongue. Inhale just enough to get the smoke into your throat. Suck another mouthful. Then breath the whole thing in as deep as you can...

The air you breath in after taking a puff with push the smoke deep into your lungs.. if your lungs are already partially filled with air when you inhale, most of the smoke will just sit in your upper lungs and throat.

7. How much do you weigh? You might need to smoke more if you're heavy, because fat cells absorb THC very well. Also, try taking a tolerance break. It might help.

8. Sounds like depression to me. I had this problem 3 years ago. Turned out to be a nasty case of depression which took 2.5 years of my life I will never get back. The kicker- I had no idea it was depressed until it was too late.

go to a doc or counselor man, it may sound stupid but better to play it safe than be sorry about it.

good luck bro

9. I don't understand; how can I be depressed without knowing it?

10. try a vaporizer. I'm like you in the fact that it doesn't do much for me, a little buzz, and I'm sleepy. Out of a bowl or bong, I just feel like I'm drunk, nothing super, but a more controlled drunk.

When I hit a vaporizer though, I fly. Also ya, check out a waterfall bong, that and a vap is usually what I like to do if I actually want to get high.

11. yo did you just start takin any kind of meds?

12. try using a gravity bong, those always fuck me up big time!

13. Man tahts so weird, weed has 10x the effect than alcohol has on me.

14. Im gunna try swallowing smoke later after this post, Ive never tried it,

The other factor could be 'HOW' your smoking your stash sometimes
    difrent methods produce difrent results, When doing a bong you get high faster
    but it doesnt last as long as smoking a fat blunt.

15. GB FTW! that shit is crazy

16. yo is swallowing smoke bad? i do that after i inhale or sometimes i just swallow

17. All I can recommend is smoke more in a session and have sessions less often.
    Maybe only smoke half the days you normally do, but smoke twice as much. More smoke inhalation(sp?) is more THC introduced to the body, that high your looking for will be easier to reach.

18. Yup, can worsen acid reflux, and could possibly cause other problems. I know when I first started smoking I would always swallow smoke, ended up getting an EGD done and had some polyps in the Esophagus and Stomach. Could be caused from swallowing smoke, could be cause from something else, but 2 years later I went back and my polyps were not there anymore, and I had stopped swallowing smoke.

To OP, get a really strong sativa, and smoke a 2 gram blunt to yourself.

19. lol ignore this guy.

Just try getting better weed. Get some straight dank and smoke a bowl by yourself, you'll get a nice high.

I hardly smoke any more so I get really stoned basically every time I do. I just smoke a bowl then wait until I get the heavier feeling on my eyes and the grin goes on my face.. then I know I'm blazed

20. No offence but maybe if your a bigger guy you may have a high tolorance to weed so it dosnt really effect you.

Also dont stop at that nice buzz, just take more hits until you get blazed haha