Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cant get high from eating bud...i think not?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by LucySD420, Dec 6, 2007.

1. So once upon a time, i was camping and ended up having to eat alittle over an 8th of dank bud ( long story made very short) my wimpy boyfriend couldnt gag down eating all that bud so he made me ( have you ever tried eating a good amount of bud in a small time???not so easy) but after said incident, i went to bed and about 2 hours later i woke up high off my ass. i had noooo clue where i was i had extreme cottonmouth, like no other. i actually ended up puking because i had nothing in my stomach prior to eating all that georgous bud. so i was just wondering how did this happen, why did i get soooo high when i didnt cook any of the bud. werid, no?

2. Possible.. THC is a tiny bit water soluble, so there's a small chance I guess, but I think it would have to be a lot more bud than that to have an effect.

3. ummmm idk what to think about this

4. my friend is a "seasoned toker" n swears he can be high from smokin or not be totally sober, and eat like a gram of bud n he says it gets u so ripped. ppl tell him all the time its not possible but they are ppl that have never tryed, he does it when he goes dirt bikin n shit he said cuz its a body high instead of the head high...so i agree u chickky

5. It's not that eating raw weed won't get you high, it's that eating a little raw weed won't get you high. An 8th of dank has enough THC in it that you probably would get high. I had a friend who ate a joint (the cops had just stopped them, and he didn't wanna get caught) and he got blaaaazed from it. I think you just have to eat alot more than you would if you cooked it.

6. What if the trichromes and hairs and stuff (all the external THC of the bud) just rubbed off onto the inside of your stomache and got you high?

7. Thc has to be heated....you can't get high from just eating it.

8. placebo.

weed need heat.

9. THC is activated and released from marijuana either when soaked in alcohol, butane, or when heated to a comfortable median between 190 and 210 degrees, at which point, if it is in a vaporizer, it will convert to vapor (Hm, rly?), or, if it is in something that contains a good amount of fat, it will be absorbed by the fat molecules. But not unless it is heated- There is neither the neccesary chemicals in your stomach to break down marijuana and release the THC form it, nor will your body ever reach the temperature required to activate and release THC.

End of story.

10. i had cops knocking on my dorm room door and i had to eat about 1/4 of headies and i deffinitly felt, I dont really care about the science behind it cause it got me high. I definitly will never eat pot again like that unless forced into the situation.

11. no, the thc will disolve into fat with no external heat it just takes a long time, why do people allways say it needs heat, heat just speeds it up

12. I'm going to stick with science on this one instead of one persons opinion. :)

13. there are more then 2 oppinions in here... and where are the facts on the "science" of it? i dont really care either way im never going to eat my nugs.. but so far everything in this thread is just an oppinion.

14. THC and other cannabinoids are hydrophobic oils. They are insoluble in water but soluble in alcohols, fats, and other oils. As cannabinoids are insoluble in water alone, they suffer from low bioavailability when eaten. By dissolving the cannabinoids in alcohol, fats, or oils (such as the fat in butter and cheese), their ability to be absorbed by the body is increased. Heating the THC in the presence of fats or oils simply accelerates the process of dissolution in the fats, from some hours at room temperature to minutes in the microwave. Hell i wish weed could get you high simply by eating it raw, would definitely come in handy.

15. 'Only' is a big word. Sure you can back that up? THC dissolves in water, just not a lot.

16. yeah weed doesn't need to be heated or "activated" to get you high. let's break this whole thing down.

when you vaporize weed- you heat your buds to the point that the THC is vaporized but before the point that bud burns. it becomes airborne (think water vapor) and travels to your lungs where it is easily absorbed into your bloodstream via normal blood-gas exchange. has nothing to do with "activating" the thc.

when you smoke weed- you heat your buds until they burn. this again heats the THC to its point of vaporization, at which point it travels (along with other by-products of combustion) into your lungs and is absorbed into your blood stream via normal blood-gas exchange. has nothing to do with "activating" the thc.

when you bake with weed (brownies, cookies, firecrackers, etc.)- you heat the weed in a medium known to absorb THC (oil, butter, peanut butter). the heat facilitates absorbtion into said medium by exciting the molecules. you then bake the medium into your dish of choice and eat it, sending the medium, along with its THC payload, into your stomach. the THC is absorbed through your stomach lining (much in the same way pills are). has nothing to do with "activating" the thc.

when you drink weed (green dragon)- you put weed into high-proof liquor (like fat, known to absorb THC). you don't have to heat it. at some points during the creation process, one often shakes the bottle of liquor, facilitating the absorbtion of THC into the medium (liquor) by exciting the molecules, just like heating it. you drink it, the thc is absorbed through your stomach lining, much like the alcohol medium. has nothing to do with "activating" the thc.

this is all notwithstanding that eating hash is one of the oldest forms of marijuana consumption. it works in largely the same way as eating baked goods does, it does not require heating, and has nothing to do with "activating" the thc.

you can eat weed, get high. but, uh, why the hell would you?

17. i did leave that part out. the change of medium does facilitate easier, more efficient absorption into the bloodstream.
    my point was just that shit i am just sick of all these people that think THC gets "activated" before it gets you high and state it as fact. what the fuck does that even mean? each molecule has some sort of on/off switch that your bic lighter magically flips? you people are smokin too much weed!

18. This is one of the few times that i can say that i could care less what the sciences say. i have eaten 2 grams of raw weed and got high. i know what a placebo effect is and this certainly wasnt it, it was a real weed high.

19. So say the people who are stupid enough to smoke powder cocaine.

20. placebo is a very real thing.
    science vs a few cases of people feeling high after eating buds...
    i give victory to science.

it's entirely possible that your mind tricked your body into
    feeling high after eating bud straight up.

edit: and valley kush... if you know what a placebo is, then you
    would know that you wouldn't be able to distinguish the
    difference between a real high, and one that took place
    due to placebo. the idea of placebo is that you recreate
    (if not perfectly, close to it) the effects of something you
    sincerely believe to be effective in such a way.