Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cant get high... even off shatter.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jealey, Oct 17, 2018.

1. So I've been smoking weed for about 10 years. I'm currently 24 years old. I'm Canadian and smoked poppers for about 6 or 7 years consistently... recently I decided I was getting done with them as they honestly haven't gotten me stoned in a couple years... I smoke habitually at this point. I decided to try something different, bought a dab rig and a gram of Hoarfrost Shatter from Phyto extractions. My wife and I sat down with this shatter fairly excited to try it out... we smoked the whole gram and felt nothing. We have now had this happen to us 3 times. Neither of us get stoned. Had 2 friends over last night each took 2 LITTLE dabs from our stuff and were absolutely obliterated. They are both seasoned smokers as well, one of which smoked poppers every day with me prior to swapping to shatter... I really dont know what to do. I just wanna get stoned!!!!

2. Take a break n try again down the road

3. Tolerance break. You need one bad

4. Eat some RSO. You’ll be wasted.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Tolerance break AND OMEGA 3! I suspect that your endocannabinoid system (ECS) is badly damaged. Omega 3 will help it to heal. Your ECS has been subjected to years of abuse from a high Omega 6 diet that lacks Omega 3. You absolutely need Omega 3 to make your CB1 receptors (the ones that get you high, and much more).

What you are eating affects not only your health, but also your ability to get high! Diet is far more important than you think! I'm sure that you have heard that inflammation is bad for your health. Well, Omega 6 is pro-inflammatory, while Omega 3 suppresses inflammation. Getting too much Omega 6 increases inflammation, so if you have arthritis in your hands, too much Omega 6 can make it worse!

Go into your kitchen and look at the cooking oils you have. Corn, soy, sunflower and "mixed vegetable" oils are all high Omega 6 oils and should be cut back on. You do need some Omega 6, but you'll get enough just eating our modern foods- the Omega 6 oils are slightly cheaper to use, so food manufacturers love them.

The only cooking oils I use are canola oil (preferably cold pressed and organic), extra virgin olive oil (rich in Omega 9) and hemp seed oil (which has the right balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6). I also take 2 to 4 grams of Omega 3 as a supplement (a mix of fish oil and flax seed oil) every evening. (I vary the amount because in a natural setting, a "wild" human would not get a fixed amount of Omega 3 every day.)

For optimal health, you need about 3 to 4 parts Omega 6 to every 1 part Omega 3. One study I read found that some folks have a 50 to 1 Omega ratio in their diet, which really affects both their physical and mental health! Read these short abstracts and learn more-

Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. (abst – 2011) Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. - PubMed - NCBI

The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids The importance of the ratio of omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids. - PubMed - NCBI

It will take about a month of using Omega 3 supplements for your body to replace the defective cannabinoid receptors with ones that work right. The more damaged your ECS is, the faster you will begin to notice the effects. At the dispensary where I volunteer, I had this big old shaggy "mountain man" come in saying he just didn't get high any more. I explained how Omega 3 might help. Three weeks later, he told me "I'm gettin' high like I did when I was 16!" He was quite happy about it! Gave me a big hug!

I hope my advice helps you as much as it did the "mountain man". :GettingStoned:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Poppers ruined cannabis for you.
    You now cant get high without the tobacco/nicotine buzz that you're used to.
    You should take a t-break. Not just an ordinary one.
    Quit smoking tobacco completely and dont smoke weed again for at least a year.
    Once your system has been reset you'll get high.

7. #7 soilgrower85, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2018
    have you used any other drugs that might have effected your tolerance

Moderator statement - As a reminder the only answer is yes or no. We can't discuss most other drugs, even those prescribed. - ICGreen

8. This has to be a troll question surely??

Smoking a Gram of shatter would fuck anyone up..

• Like Like x 1
  9. Last time I smoked shatter I thought I was tripping shrooms and threw up everywhere. Never again. But it sounds like time for a tolerance break. I'll be going on 4 weeks tuesday. Another reason for the break is because of a job but its also good to clear your head and lower tolerance again. good luck friend.