Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cant get high anymore

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fireballofdoom, Feb 13, 2014.

1. #1 fireballofdoom, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
    So recently I am finding myself unable to get high. I have been smoking on and off for 2 years now and recently these past couple of weeks I am finding myself unable to get high. It really is starting to get frustrating. Whenever I do smoke, I feel somewhat different but I know it's not like how it used to be. Just three months ago when I would smoke 0.2g I would get extremely high. Does anyone know why and have a solution?

Edit: I've tried doing somewhat of a tolerance break that went on for about a month from January 7th to February 7th and it hasn't fixed anything. 

2. I've been smoking for over 5 years and still get high as fuck. Are you smoking brickweed?

Same lol.  Over 15 years and I still get real high.  When I was young my tolerances were way higher though.

4. I'm not smoking shitty weed. Also, I took a good amount of hits out of my friends cloud vape pen yesterday with some dabs in it and I still got a very minimal effect. Not even a good buzz high from it.

5. Bammer

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. 25 years and still get high.

7. Well quit wasting it then! Supply and demand dude. You're driving our costs up!

8. Dab it up...

Well like I said, if you've been smoking concentrates, that can drive your tolerance way up. I have only smoked wax/oil maybe 10 times in my whole life, so dank flower still does a hell of a number on me.

10. Either get better weed, or smoke more. I smoke every day and still get high, and its the loudest shit in town.

11. Try switching up your smoking method perhaps.

A good LONG tolerance break may be in order otherwise.

12. he's just thinking about it too much...when i think i should be high i dont feel high but when i let my mind drift im in the clouds on my ether board surfing the jet streams..

13. Do you ever find yourself not able to eat without smoking? or just notice that you dont feel right till you smoke? or anything like that?
    also
    0.2G isnt much at all, How much do you normally smoke when you do and how do you smoke it?

14. of course he does, its another cball thread.

15. just wanted to say doug is the best name on the planet (i would know)

16. update: friend said shes going to smoke me out fat with some weed she just picked up from the dispensary. hoping i actually get high this time! will post results  ^_^

17. Get a bong

18. What you're missing is that "punch you in the lungs" feeling that you got before your lungs became more accustomed to cannabis smoke.  A lot of people, myself included, chase after this feeling because it really does add a huge "stoned" effect to your high.

This is the same reason I don't use vaporizers.  The high is wayy different for me, because I'm not getting that effect.  Slightly unrelated I believe, but I also find joints get me blasted but only for about 20 mins.

My biggest piece off advice for you is to start using a bong.  Load in some nice size bowls, and just snap 2 or 3 real quick.  If what you're smoking is worth smoking, you'll be fucking flying for a good amount of time, and your lungs are gonna be on fiiire.

You can pickup a decent sized glass (prob rubber grommet) bong from your LHS for about 30 bucks, or this site has some good ones.  If you want to try the effect before you buy, maybe lookup how to make a "watterbottle bong" and try it out.  Won't be nearly as good as a nice glass piece, but it'll show you sortof what you're in for.

Good luck!

19. are you on any new meds?

SSRI's can dampen the intoxicating effects of cannabis.