Can't Get A Tolerance

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by AlwaysSmokey, Dec 7, 2012.

1. I don't know why but I can't develop a tolerance. I have tried smoking more, bigger amount, more often and can't get a tolerance. 1 hit and I am gone alot of the time. I know some people might say thats awesome because you don't have to buy as much but I was curious does anyone else have this problem or know what might be causing it?

2. I was the same way for a long time. I take it you are relatively new to smoking? I know it often makes smoking with buddies hard as they are puffing away on a blunt and you are in the corner eating a packet of chips after one toke. But make the most of it. It wont last forever... trust me.

3. I can hit consecutive bowls and lose my buzz within the hour.
    Before when I was a newbie, I literally start feeling the effects as soon as the smoke touched my tongue. One hit would blast me to the moon.

I envy you! I'm going to be taking a t-break over the break to try and recapture the magic.

4. No I had smoked for around 2-3 years about 6-7 years ago. Took a few year break and have other been smoking for about 1 1-1/2 again. Medical stuff good stuff.

5. [quote name='"AlwaysSmokey"']

No I had smoked for around 2-3 years about 6-7 years ago. Took a few year break and have other been smoking for about 1 1-1/2 again. Medical stuff good stuff.[/quote]

Well medical is strong to begin wwith. But really man don't stress it. the only way you can really build your tolerance fast is being high all day, literally all day. A bowl every hour or so, taking a few hits in between.

Seriously though man enjoy it while you can.

6. O I mean im not complaining, I was just curious if some people or some races had a anti-tolerance thing

7. Hey, I know what you mean about struggling to gain a tolerance.

I've only smoked weed for 2-3 years but in that time I did manage to gain a tolerance. Rather than just toking on a joint I would play games like Budweiser* and Rubicon Mango*.

Playing games and trying harsher ways of inhaling weed (Spanish Hand-bong, Bongs, Pipes ETC) I find makes my tolerance larger. My first year of getting high It didn't take me much but as years go by tolerance slowly grows. I did quit weed for about a month or so and I noticed my tolerance dropped again but it came back fairly fast when I got used to playing all my old games and bongs again.

It takes years to grow tolerance and I find that it only happens if you push yourself to your limit and then over. Each time I push myself over my limit and get so fucking stoned I can barely move I find my tolerance has grown. (stronger strains of marijuana would help with tolerance building too.)

*[Budweiser]= Each smoker takes a toke for each syllable of 'Budweiser' and passes it on without breathing out. After each player has toked and held in the smoke for 4 turns (Bud, Weis, Er, Budweiser) the smokers all breath out. This is a game some stoner's play in England. I find it gets you more fucked.

*[Rubicon Mango]= Same idea as Budweiser but is harder. Same rules except their are 6 syllables and gets you more stoned than Budweiser.

Peace. :smoking:

8. [quote name='"AlwaysSmokey"']I don't know why but I can't develop a tolerance. I have tried smoking more, bigger amount, more often and can't get a tolerance. 1 hit and I am gone alot of the time. I know some people might say thats awesome because you don't have to buy as much but I was curious does anyone else have this problem or know what might be causing it?[/quote]

I WISH

http://forum.grasscity.com/bongs-bu...rico-gridded-barrel-12-arm-sgw-waffle-v2.html

9. I have this 'problem' too. Been smoking for 2 years but I tend to only smoke a few times a week and rarely get super 'stoned'. I'm also training in mma so I exercise about 10 hours a week and my diet is super healthy and large. I'm talking about 4000 calories on a rest day. I think these things mean my tolerance Never really built up

Yet again I can keep up with seasoned tokers and never green out or anything. Just go a little quite or silly

~Good martial artists and good stoners need the same traits. Control, timing and a good set of lungs - Myself

10. I fail to see how this is a problem..?

11. it takes a while. I wouldn't advice trying to deevlop a tolerance. i'm sure tons of people have told you that they wish they could still get as high as you do,

12. I just woke up one day with a godly tolerance. :confused:

13. This.

14. Thanks everyone for the responses but like I said I dont really want it to happen, was just curious why I haven't yet, smoke daily for almost a year now, just a high thought anyways ;p;

15. I thought I didn't get a tolerance at first tbh, til I took a t break for a week and realized how much higher I used to get hahahahah. You gotta take some time off then get back on to realize just how much of a tolerance you've developed.

1-2 bong rips and I used to be done if I wanted to be social at all. Nowadays I can just sit there for like hours straight smoking and I won't have any need to stop unless it's a super heavy indica.

I've come up with a theory for why this is: I believe that, at least in my case, having a tolerance just means I reach my peak much earlier, with a much less intense peak. I can only reach a certain level of high, and then I just level out and slowly get more tired the more I smoke.

What I mean by that is, I don't really need to smoke any more weed than I used to to get high, legit .25-.3 out of my bong will have me pretty ripped for an hour or more with some good herb, and I smoke every day. I know a good number of people this is true for, as opposed to those guys you see on YT taking like 4 dabs and a handful of fat rips as their wake n bake session. Honestly, fuck that, it'd be a waste of money having tolerance that high.

16. OP lets swap. My fucking tolerance is becoming professional.