Cant find a job ????

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Spark Plug, Dec 8, 2013.

1. I've honestly been looking for a job for months now but no one seems to be hiring. I'm 18 and never had a job before so can that possibly be why no one is calling me back? I've stopped smoking until I get a job but I'm honestly just thinking about saying fuck it and just go smoke a blunt. This is really frustrating.Sent from my medulla oblongata.

2. You have to call them back and show them you want a job. If you can't find at least one place that will give you at least an interview then you arent trying hard enough

• Like Like x 1
  3. Apply at grocery stores and fast food. They hire anyone. My first job was a gas station within 2 years I was makin 14 bones an hr. My second job was a diff gas station. I was at 9.10 but you could work as much as you want they paid ot. I was makin 3k a month pumpin gas. Just put in apps, keep going back and talking witg em. Act like you know what your talking about. If its a convience store tell them you know how to rotate proucts, check dates, check in vendors and organize cooler. Even with no experience you can a family member owned one and helped every once in a while. Fake it til you make itSent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  4. Why don't you just go to a temp agency and get some general labor / warehouse work? No drug test, all you do is move boxes and shit, and they get you a job within a few days. At least you'll be making some money and getting work experience for the time being and can be looking for a more permanent job. The longer you wait to get a job, the more employers will say, "so wtf has this guy been doing, just sitting on his ass since he's 18?" Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I'm in a simlilair situation right now and I already have a thread about it...

It's not easy to find a job these days when you don't have much experience to set you apart from the competition.

Just keep trying,as will I and I'll let you know if I make any progress :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. See it this way........ at 18 stands a world of work b4 you, up every day spending almost 1/3rd of your life doing something that most of the world dislikes doing, sucking up to and seeking approval for the slightest whim of your boss, whether you are in the White house or International space station, you will be asking to take a dump even .....!

Better to roll a fat one and dedicate at least 10% of your life (assume you live to 75yo, thats 7.5 years) to find LEGAL ways to avoid 'WORK' at all costs, and what better way than when you are 18, when most bums have to roll outta bed every morning to make a buck!

In most situations, it is a simple as giving what one guy wants, and you taking a small commission

7. Volunteer somewhere, like a charity shop or something. Helps show your potential employer that your proactive and outgoing. Also helps to make you stand out from the masses of applications. And also, another reference, more experience and bulks up your c.v.

It won't pay, but it'll help a lot. Worked for me when I was out of a job.

8. Well I'm sure a bunch of people would like to use you to ignite gas in the piston of engines!

But seriously Idk what to tell you. I faced the same issue, I applied to 10 places, not one of them yeilded results. The awesome job I got was through someone my parents knew. Ask them or your friends if they have jobs that have openings.

9. Dude toys r us hires everybody No drug test either

10. Thanks everyone for all the tips. I'm in college at the moment but I'm about to go on break and wouldn't mind finding a job. It's just really hard to get one especially around my town since our economy is shit. Literally have to drive at least 30 minutes out of town to get a job.Sent from my medulla oblongata.

11. If your in school you dont need a job. Im makin 1900 a month being in school. Theres so much free money for students. My dad was literally a professional student as long as u pass youll be fine. Also check out a work source place. They have free classes that get you certafacations, help job search, make resumes and would show you places to get money for being a student. Sent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. [quote name="ruffstylez" post="19121588" timestamp="1386469146"]If your in school you dont need a job. Im makin 1900 a month being in school. Theres so much free money for students. My dad was literally a professional student as long as u pass youll be fine. Also check out a work source place. They have free classes that get you certafacations, help job search, make resumes and would show you places to get money for being a student. Sent from my LGL55C using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]I do need a job if I'm the only one supporting myself. I need money for food, bills, general stuff like that. My college gave me around 500 bucks but that doesn't last too long unfortunately.Sent from my medulla oblongata.

13. There are a lot of jobs out there.

Persevere, my friend

14. There's a saying.... It's not what you know it's who you know Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  15. Don't wait around for a phone call. Make that call and get their attention. That's how I landed ny first and current job at a restaurant that I've been at for three years.

16. No, don't call them. Show up in person, dressed nicely. And try to show up when the business is fairly slow, and the manager is around. And remember, if you've been unemployed for a while, you're definitely not too good to flip burgers, at least until something better comes along.

• Like Like x 3
  17. [quote name="Jb33" post="19121456" timestamp="1386467586"]Dude toys r us hires everybody No drug test either[/quote]Haha thanks for telling me :D I got an interview there tomorrow.Sent from my medulla oblongata.

18. Not a problem! I work in back of house, it's busy and a decent amount of work but it's fun.

19. [quote name="Jb33" post="19126340" timestamp="1386540547"]Not a problem! I work in back of house, it's busy and a decent amount of work but it's fun.[/quote]Yeah she said they're not hiring for sales ATM but for an overnight stocks and all that from like 10-6 but hey I need a job lolSent from my medulla oblongata.

20. Hey its alright mate. Everyone has a job. 
    I'm working on hittin this bowl right now. I'm a full time employee 

• Like Like x 2