Can't figure this one out

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by wallSHIT, Jul 17, 2009.

1. I've been looking through all of the different problems and solutions pages on the internet, havent been able to pin this one down. I was thinking Manganese or Magnesium deficiency. We were having some ph issues but i think we figured that out, just needed to lower the level a bit, now it right at the prime levels. The leaves are a lot lighter than they used to be (they used to be dark green, now lime color). I took pictures of the two plants and a close up of a leaf. Both are a different strain, but same symptom so i take its user mistake. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. im not a pro or anything infact im a first grower...but it seems your burning them..too much light? or to much watts? i dont no..

3. Yeah, were using CFL's but we do have them close, but i was under the impression they were supposed to be close. Maybe within 3 inches i think.

4. Hi i see your new. But help me out tell me a little bit about her? When the problem arose? What where you doing before? What did you do differntly? Is it soil or hydro? What kind of lights do you have? How many? What nutrients have you givin her? When? How much? How often do you water? Things of that nature. I i had to guess i would which this is totally is. Nutrient/light burn, with a Ph lock out.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

5. Well, new poster, older reader. Growing in organic soil, with 6 23w CFL's for the 2 plants. We dont really have any nutrients that we use aside from this Rainbow growing powder that we put on once every 4 weeks. We use a small amount, mostly to avoid the nutrient burn. We water about 2 pints per plant every day. We had to ph down our water, it was running a little high. But we have been doing that for about a month now. It seems the problem showed up about a week and a half ago, about the time i added in a little co2 deal i made (sugar water with yeast in it, in a 2 liter bottle) but i dont think that would really do this. Thanks

-Andrew

6. Nice its a combo deal. Who full, but still hungry. You have a pottassuim defeicntice and a nitrogen toxicity. You need some liquid kelp to get the potash or a little bit wood ash. Cut down on the rainbow mix. From what i read this for rapid grow once every four weeks. Under CFLs it not operating at max. it cant handle that much nitrogen. I would imagine that its a medium to slow fertilzer. Fix the potash issue kelp no problem leaves wont get better trim and compost. Cut down on the water two pints every 3-5 days. Organic soil tends to hold water very well, humus, peat, coco coir. the first leaf to close to the light. Check back in a week. Thankyoucomeagain. That was a tough one.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

7. Damn, thanks! Ill report back in a week, let you know the prgress!

8. They're nitrogen deficient not a toxicity. It's a ph problem locking out a bunch of different nutes, just make sure the ph is corrected and feed them.

9. What would you recommend i feed with?

10. Its not def. The nutrients your using is 5-5-2, slow release no way thats def. Unless your water is a really basic or really acidic it's not going to be a ph problem with organics.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

11. Haven't really seen much change. Adjusted the watering, havent given them the nutes lately at all, but the problem doesnt seem to be working itself out. Now we put 2 new clones in the same cabinet about a week ago and the leaves on those are starting to curl under. The curse cabinet i guess, any ideas?

12. So that leave to questions. Whats the Ph of your water? How hot is it in your cab? If it hasn't fixed self its a Ph issue. Flush them with Ph water.
    Keep'em burnin
    DirtyViperMan

13. Running at about 80 in the cabinet, and the ph of the water is 6.5 to 7, but we add ph down to it and get it around 6. Doing the flush right now, ill post back in a few days with some updates.

14. Have you cut down on the watering. Do you have any desert bat guano? It might be time to start feeding again.

15. Isn't 6.5-7 the ideal range, with 6.8 being an "ideal" number? A flat 6 seems too low to me. Maybe this is causing the issues...some nutrients get locked out at numbers below 6.5.

16. Ill start back up with the guano, i did cut down on the watering. We had stopped doing the ph adjustments about a week or so before i made the first post just to see if it changed anything and it didnt. We continued it like that for almost 2 weeks with no changes so were back to the ph adjustment.

17. Ok, you pH your water to 6.0, but what is your run-off... after some time nute salts will build and drop your pH, and if you are using a soil with peat in it, over time can drop your pH also.

18. hmmm, so one of the plants is pretty much dropping off most of its leaves, looks pretty bare. It has no leaves that are bigger than 2.5 inches. The other still has some of the bigger leaves, looks like its trying to make a comeback

19. Seems like it was a combination of a couple things maybe. Heat due to insufficient circulation, and a very strong concentration of this bug spray we were using. I guess it just burnt off the leaves. Everything is coming back now after the 5 flushes we did, plus we opened the cabinet everyday and aimed a boxfan in there. Situation seems to be turning around. One of the plants pretty much lost every leaf, but its completely turned around, and covered with small new growth.