Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can't fall asleep high.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Wachiga, Mar 8, 2009.

1. I wanted to smoke at 12, then go to sleep, but I fell asleep and woke up at 4:17 am, so I decided to toke from the spoon. I took 3 hits, watched a few videos, then tried to go back to sleep. It took me 2 hours before i can fully shut my eyes. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Not me, though it depends. I try to avoid strongly sativa dominant strains if it's after dinner; they tend to keep me up more. A good strong indica is great before bed. I love going to sleep with a huge body/couchlock (or in this case 'bedlock') high.

3. Yeah, right after I smoke theres no way I can get to sleep but about an hour later when the high is dying down I get sleepy and its easy.

4. I grow a small amount of stuff specifically as a sleep aid. Usually pure or mostly Indica's, I let some get almost over mature, heavy in CBD. I guarantee you that a few hits of that stuff and within a half an hour it's lights out :D

5. The only thing that weed effects about my sleep are my dreams. I get some crazy stuff when I'm sleeping high lol

6. Damn man, are you a botanist? Seem very educated about growing, but maybe it's because you've been doing it for quite some time lol.:cool:

7. I don't have a botany degree if that's what you mean. I've just grown plants (cannabis and others) for decades and I like to study various subjects. I'm more of a jack of all trades; I have too many interests to focus on any one thing ;)

8. No if I smoke at 12 I am sleeping hardcore by about 1245

9. If I'm stoned or even high, I have trouble sleeping. Coming down or having an after-high helps.

10. Can't say I have this problem, but in my heavy smoking days I'm ashamed to admit I had the opposite problem: couldn't sleep without being high. Probably a sign that I was smoking too much. However, if this happens to you again you can try moving to a different sleeping spot, like the couch, maybe shaking things up for a bit will help you forget about not being able to sleep.

Once again, going to bed high as the opposite effect on me. If I smoke at any time during a day, I can almost garauntee I won't have any dreams that night. But when I take breaks from smoking, my dreams return in vivid and extremely realistic detail.

11. If im way tired and I smoke a bowl, then ill be high as hell and goto sleep within 20 minutes, And be rested as hell it feels good to sleep high I love it. But I wont usually smoke just to sleep.

12. if im stoned and i try to sleep, if i close my eyes for a minute, the world just starts spinning and it feels like im freefalling, gradually leads to me feeling ill, weed doesen't help me sleep, i guess it's different all around.

13. I sleep great when I'm high. I wake up rested and feeling great. I also have very vivid and pleasant dreams.

But I guess its different for everybody.

14. I usually wont sleep through the night if i dont smoke before bed...kind of annoying actually...

15. Haha, I have this same problem. I have been smoking every night lately, and just can not seem to fall asleep. But its weird, when I wake up I do not feel super tired. So I'm all for smoking at midnight.